• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Control

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control

Rewatching - Ian Curtis/Joy Division movie - quite well done though largely inaccurate, slanted a bit in favour of Corbijn's perception which is understandable.

The Tony Wilson character is a joke, and I met him several times, he was a truly approachable legend around Manchester, as was Hooky, except I never realised that, was too scared to talk to him at an REM gig circa 1984 at the International....

Fantastic film. Bit off the mark compared to the tales from Touching From a Distance like you said. Got the other "Joy Division" DVD too which is good.

His daughter is a fashion designer now and about 30 I beleive.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Rewatching - Ian Curtis/Joy Division movie - quite well done though largely inaccurate, slanted a bit in favour of Corbijn's perception which is understandable.

The Tony Wilson character is a joke, and I met him several times, he was a truly approachable legend around Manchester, as was Hooky, except I never realised that, was too scared to talk to him at an REM gig circa 1984 at the International....
      Good film though. I watched it at the Dendy Circular Quay in Sydney, at the premier. It was so loud the seats shook with the bass. It was the nearest i'll ever come to being at a Joy Division gig. The story of Ian Curtis made my Australian girlfriend cry.

I too met Tony Wilson, when I was trying to promote a nightclub I was involved with and agree he was very approachable.

Comment

Working...
      X