• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is London mayhem yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is London mayhem yet?

What's it like on the Tube, buses, trains, and roads? Is it possible to cycle or walk? Is it nice seeing VIPs such as politicians whizzing up and down the special roads whilst giving you the bird, if they can be bothered gesticulating to peasants such as yourself that is.

I was going to go in the office today. God knows I need to put in an appearance. I've spent more time in the US office than the London office.

Decided to go to the gym yesterday and I've been cooped up working for weeks. Streatch my neck/shoulders.

Wake up this morning splitting headache, stiff shoulder and unable to sit up as my neck cannot take the strain. No way could i drive. Now lying on bed unable to do anything FFS.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Olympic lanes only became active today, so not noticed that yet, and I don't drive that much in London.

Am still managing to get to ClientCo Offices without much increase in tube traffic although I have noticed more Olympic employees in their coloured uniforms at Stratford on the way to work.

Good excuse to WFH.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

It's also the school holidays so I reckon the roads will be clearer than usual on Motorways
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Is it £130 per transgression or per mile?

Comment

Skirted London village on the big car park that goes round the place and the junction of the A13 was a nightmare!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I reckon, apart from some problematic junctions, there won't be that many problems. i.e. for Londoners.
              Most people I know are going to WFH plus it's school hols plus most self-respecting Londoners don't go into the centre anyway.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Even without the extra people arriving, closing London road lanes would cause traffic problems on its own, one would have thought.

Comment

There are less cars on the road thanks to the school holidays, and as they changed the phasing of the lights around the whole of London last week, even in non-Olympic venue areas, most people quickly learnt to stay of the roads if possible.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    There are less cars on the road thanks to the school holidays, and as they changed the phasing of the lights around the whole of London last week, even in non-Olympic venue areas, most people quickly learnt to stay of the roads if possible.
                    +1

I thought it particularly quiet this morning. Though I cycled in the olympic lanes anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X