• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Work experience Chancellor' George Osborne should be sacked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Work experience Chancellor' George Osborne should be sacked

" Shock figures published on Wednesday showed that the UK's gross domestic product fell by 0.7 per cent, for the third quarter in a row and by much more than the 0.2 per cent expected by forecasters.

The figures mean that Britain is enduring the longest double dip recession for more than 50 years.

Lord Oakeshott, who is close to Liberal Democrat Business secretary Vince Cable, said figures were “dismal” and the economy was in “cold storage”.

The peer suggested that Mr Cable should be appointed Chancellor in Prime Minister’s reshuffle, which is widely expected in September.

He said that Mr Osborne did not have enough experience outside Government to run the Treasury, insisting that the UK needed its “A-team at the Treasury”. "

'Work experience Chancellor' George Osborne should be moved in reshuffle, says senior Lib Dem - Telegraph

I concur.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I concur.
    I don't. We need a chancellor who is prepared to smash the working classes and drive them back into poverty and servitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      I don't. We need a chancellor who is prepared to smash the public sector classes and drive them back into poverty and servitude.
      FTFY
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I am interested in knowing what AtW and the other clever clogg idiots think that Osbourne should be doing!

Should he be looking to borrow more money?

or what?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Should he be looking to borrow more money?
          No, but he keeps doing that - UK borrowing rises more than expected - Telegraph

He keeps spending too much money even though his mandate was to cut the spending:

"While tax revenues increased in the month by 3.6pc to £40.9bn, total Government spending only dipped by less than 1pc to £52.4bn."

WTF is he spending all this money on?!?!

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          I am interested in knowing what AtW and the other clever clogg idiots think that Osbourne should be doing!
          He should have cut expenditure right at start 2 years ago and make taxes more competitors to wealth creators. Instead he increased capital gains tax, reduced massively annual investment allowance, made some empty promises about NI holidays, enterprise zones etc. He could not even cut top income tax rate properly.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            I am interested in knowing what the clever clogg idiots think that Osbourne should be doing!
            1. Slash the public sector bureaucracy - especially around health and safety.
            2. Cut taxes - especially corporation tax.
            3. 100% tax rates for agents and other parasites.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Spot on and .....

4. Sack Vince Cable for thinking we are stupid enough to believe his bulltulip about ICTs and offshoring.

Comment

The places that need health and safety i.e. building sites aren't really inspected. The HSE etc tend to only turn up after someone is injured/maimed/killed.

Other companies and organisations i.e. schools are just scared of being sued by people using no-win, no-fee lawyers so implement nonsense rules.

Lots of businesses have money but won't invest due to the state of the economy.

Other businesses need money for cashflow so they can hire people (i.e. decrease unemployment) but the banks won't lend.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                  Spot on and .....

4. Sack Vince Cable for thinking we are stupid enough to believe his bulltulip about ICTs and offshoring.
                  All the 3 main political parties believe this bulltulip as they think they can get deals from India this way.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    All the 3 main political parties believe this bulltulip as they get deals from India this way.
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X