• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sockie increase?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sockie increase?

Is it my imagination or does there seem to be a marked increase in the number of sockies/imbeciles posting here.

Is it because it's been raining and therefore they have more time to waste on the internet?

Will it decrease over the next week while we have some nice weather?
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Is it my imagination or does there seem to be a marked increase in the number of sockies/imbeciles posting here.

Is it because it's been raining and therefore they have more time to waste on the internet?

Will it decrease over the next week while we have some nice weather?
    WHS

I think the mods are sleeping.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      WHS

I think the mods are sleeping.
      You should ask them for a refund.

Comment

I'm surprised nobody's written a "sockie-spotter" add-on for vBulletin yet. When I mentioned Tachy Goes To Coventry the other day, I found myself thinking about how I'd have implemented it had I written a similar add-on. Sufficient to say, it should be eminently possible to spot someone using more than one account from the same location, even if you don't rely on cookies or even people using the same machine.

That said, there's only a limited amount of effort you can expend on managing a problem without allowing those you ask to moderate to invoice you for the privilege of providing their services, eh MF?

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
          I'm surprised nobody's written a "sockie-spotter" add-on for vBulletin yet. When I mentioned Tachy Goes To Coventry the other day, I found myself thinking about how I'd have implemented it had I written a similar add-on. Sufficient to say, it should be eminently possible to spot someone using more than one account from the same location, even if you don't rely on cookies or even people using the same machine.

That said, there's only a limited amount of effort you can expend on managing a problem without allowing those you ask to moderate to invoice you for the privilege of providing their services, eh MF?

Got one.

Comment

Got one.
            If you're implying that I'm a sockie, you're either trolling yourself, or simply incompetent. Since I'm one of the few people that uses their real name and face on here, it'd only take a matter of seconds for anyone to confirm my identity using Director Check.

Comment

If you're implying that I'm a sockie, you're either trolling yourself, or simply incompetent. Since I'm one of the few people that uses their real name and face on here, it'd only take a matter of seconds for anyone to confirm my identity using Director Check.

You're definitely a sockie. Nobody puts up that much personal information on themselves. So who is this poor lass you've assumed their identity then fella?

Comment

No we have no doubt you are genuinely CUK's only crotchety "cat lady"
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

You're definitely a sockie. Nobody puts up that much personal information on themselves. So who is this poor lass you've assumed their identity then fella?
                  I'll await your apology, once you've belatedly realised you're being an arse. Send an e-mail to the address on my blog, if you've got the guts, and afterwards we'll have a little chat about your feelings of insecurity, and how the way you allow actual sockies to run riot on your forum leads you to unwisely accuse people whose identity you should have been able to easily confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    No we have no doubt you are genuinely CUK's only crotchety "cat lady"
                    Excuse me, crochety cat lady and kick-ass .net developer, thankyou.

Comment

Working...
                    X