• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jesus, now I feel old

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus, now I feel old

The receptionist just opened up a meeting room for me and told me how she's so tired because she was at a beach party till 6am, had 2 hours sleep and is still drunk! She looks fresh as a daisy, because she's 20!

I on the other hand had eight hours sleep but look like i've been up at a beach party all week drinking.

How old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
      The receptionist just opened up a meeting room for me and told me how she's so tired because she was at a beach party till 6am, had 2 hours sleep and is still drunk! She looks fresh as a daisy, because she's 20!

I on the other hand had eight hours sleep but look like i've been up at a beach party all week drinking.
      I'd inform HR and watch her get marched out of the door. That'll learn her.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

you could be in with a chance there
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          you could be in with a chance there
          walk slowly down the hill and service them all!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            How old are you?
            Nearly 40

Comment

Nearly 40
              Will you be choking your way through the Olympics like your golfers and cricketers?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Nearly 40
                Ha! Whipper snapper! You wait until you reach 40!

The problem with being over 40 is that you wake up every day and something else is broken. Enjoy the good times while you can.

BTW I hope you spent your late teens/early twenties partying at every opportunity? I had a great time.

Comment

The problem with being over 40 is that you wake up every day and something else is broken. Enjoy the good times while you can.
                  Yes, that's what I keep hearing. I'm dreading 40.

BTW I hope you spent your late teens/early twenties partying at every opportunity? I had a great time.
                  Oh yes, I was partying till my early 30s. When I wasn't earning a great deal I spent all my money on partying. My idea was to have a good time while I was young but make sure I was learning stuff that would enable to me to get paid and save properly later.

Comment

speak for yourself mid forties & everything works, sometimes more than 2 times a night.

or should that be
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X