• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Half Year Review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half Year Review

I've just sat down with myself and gone over my last 6 months billing and deliverables. I've had 2 extensions in this time and I've not hit any customers. I've managed to balance life and work, ticked over with enough to keep busy but not enough to be stressed.

Overall I think I've met my expectations for the last 2 quarters so was happy enough to tell myself that if I carry on in the same way I can expect a Christmas party for myself and the wife.

This seems a lot simplier than what everyone else around here is doing, especially the paperwork
    Anti-bedwetting advice

Are there any areas of development that you have identified for yourself ?

(Good idea btw)

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
      I've just sat down with myself and gone over my last 6 months billing and deliverables. I've had 2 extensions in this time and I've not hit any customers. I've managed to balance life and work, ticked over with enough to keep busy but not enough to be stressed.

Overall I think I've met my expectations for the last 2 quarters so was happy enough to tell myself that if I carry on in the same way I can expect a Christmas party for myself and the wife.

This seems a lot simplier than what everyone else around here is doing, especially the paperwork
      Nice, I've done same, highest ever rate recently, decent warchest, benched atm, but chilling, ready for either a good Plan B, got one, starting it, or maybe opening up some proper self employed work via all the odes, guru, freelance websites, don't hold out much hope tho there but hoping for multiple income streams.

Having said that recently had major heart problem, ICD fitted, can't drive, feel fatigued, arteries fine, heart fine, liver/kids fine, arrhythmia issue, that bit ok, meant train rather than car, then got massively ill due to sone infection as yet unknown but prolly fitting of ICD device.

I was 50, no issues, no warnings, non smoker, few beers, not fit but not massively unfit, 6' 4' - 17 stones, just never ever take ur health for granted, u feel A1, then ur on ur arse without warning.

I'm lucky, had my warning, I can live a full life from now and if I can get past six months with the ICD shocking me I can drive again, but it's always in the background.

Money is good, as contractors we can earn it, but you cant buy health, a lot of it is hereditary, but you can do a lot to curb it....

Just a heads up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post

I hope you found something negative to slip in there, though. Told yourself to be more of a team player, or something. Keep yourself on your your toes, you know.

Comment

Growth areas and negatives....

I may have to go and get a coffee and have a think...
          Well there is the usual bad habit of getting pissed off when dealing with stupid people, so tolerance of others and hearing people out even when they're obviously wrong will be my weaknesses to work on.

Last year it learning to understand those people that were introverted and risk averse. I used to get really annoyed at those people that said nothing during a meeting and then sent their thoughts by email 20 minutes after it finished, especially when you thought you had a decision agreed.

If only everyone was ENTP – then again, if they were, we’d get nothing finished!
          Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Working...
          X