• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toll poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toll poll

Drove down the M6 today. Paid my £5.50 and sailed through a pleasant traffic free 20 miles or so.
    Do you use the M6 toll like a proper contractor, or queue with the working classes?
    Never driven on the M6
    18.18%
    No
    18.18%
    Only when it's busy
    18.18%
    Yes
    36.36%
    AndyW's mum is driving
    9.09%

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Drove down the M6 today. Paid my £5.50 and sailed through a pleasant traffic free 20 miles or so.
    Do you use the M6 toll like a proper contractor, or queue with the working classes?
    I ask the butler to pay. When I am not in my helicopter.

Comment

Never down that way but if I was I'd be paying the toll.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Would you pay £11 to commute there daily? That's £220 per month, or easily equivalent of needed £5000 salary bonus to keep driving there.

The only real toll that works is over bridges where alternative ways add 100+ miles.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Would you pay £11 to commute there daily? That's £220 per month, or easily equivalent of needed £5000 salary bonus to keep driving there.

The only real toll that works is over bridges where alternative ways add 100+ miles.
          You're the one complaining about train costs
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Sorry, thought this was a troll poll
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I've used the M6 Toll on the few occasions I've travelled that way since it opened, which have been two trips to the Lakes (the only "going somewhere else" holidays I've taken in the last ten years IIRC) and a funeral in Liverpool.

There's no reason to go into central Birmingham unless you have business there. Saving a few bob and losing an hour or so of your life isn't worth it for the sake of seeing the boards they tacked on the side of the flyover through Walsall.

Comment

I use the toll at busy times.

Comment

I will always pay money to avoid mixing with plebs
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

If the signs say "toll road clear" it means both are clear and don't pay for saving a few minutes. If there's trouble in Brum then I don't mind paying and a Friday evening trip to the Lakes it's almost always worth it. The crazy thing about it is that it's an anti congestion charge. More likely to pay when I have passengers to spread the cost.

Comment

Working...
                    X