• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home Address as Business Address

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Address as Business Address

My company's registered address is my accountants, but my trading address would be my own home. For business promotion and contact info for my website, I'm not really keen on printing my home address for all to see, so was thinking about the alternatives?

PO Box.
    or why not your accountants and ask them to forward it on.
    Gerrrrrrrrrraaaaaaardddddddd. Wot a Hit son, what a hit!

Comment

Can't have a PO box for registered address. My address is my home address. I have nothing to hide. then again I am also the company accountant!
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
        Can't have a PO box for registered address.
        The address for customer/client correspondence doesn't have to be the registered address, it can be anywhere. It's only HMRC stuff that has to be sent there.

Loads of companies use PO boxes and so putting one on your website or giving it to your clients shouldn't be a problem at all.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
          The address for customer/client correspondence doesn't have to be the registered address, it can be anywhere. It's only HMRC stuff that has to be sent there.

Loads of companies use PO boxes and so putting one on your website or giving it to your clients shouldn't be a problem at all.

HTH
          Good point. having a PO box seriously hurts your credibility though if you are a small business.
          Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
            Good point. having a PO box seriously hurts your credibility though if you are a small business.
            Quite right. It's a bit like having a Hotmail address as your main point of contact. However, you can get mailing addresses which are not PO Box XX etc. they cost more though.

Comment

Working...
            X