• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone on the bench fancy working on their Plan B?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone on the bench fancy working on their Plan B?

This might be the place to do it?

"I lived with a few people in Alaska working on a project and that was an amazing experience," said Walter Heck, organiser of the Come Hack With US hackathon. "Why can we not recreate that experience in a tropical and remote location so we can really focus on our projects?"

I'd be packing some snorkelling gear at the very least.

And yes, I've researched this one before, you can get laptop covers which protect against sand and seawater.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

My proposal would be to write a program to choose a random number between 1 to 10.

I will spend any remaining time at the beach
      Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

I refuse to take part because my ZX-Spectrum Basic may be too advanced for the challenge.

But if you are benched then why not get that free sun tan, and redesign the forum to add extra bells and whistles, like;

1) Auto-Moderator (An autopilot so Mods can have an extra snooze on Sundays)
        2) Sockie Sensor (that would detect me I guess)
        3) A Post Sorter for Newbies posting in the wrong forum.
        4) A Live Chart for Satisfaction & Moan Ratings for Umbrella & Agencies as voted by members to answer those "Which is Best/Avoid?"
        5) 3D Smilies for that extra touch of class
        6) Feel free to add your own features to the list

Joking aside, It seems a little too far fetched and if there is a valid business return then there must be catch like Who owns the IP & Code?

Comment

I prefer to go up a mountain personally. Beaches aren't conductive to working with a laptop, too hot and too much glare.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
            My proposal would be to write a program to choose a random number between 1 to 10.
            If you can manage to write true random number generator then you deserve to spend your time on the beach...

Comment

So they will have to put up 12 programmers for a few months in the Philippines which could cost them as little as a couple of grand.

For that they are going to get sent shed loads of coding proposals where maybe 1 or 2 could get interest from VCs.

Wish I had thought of that.

Comment

"They will also have to complete a psychological evaluation to show they can live in harmony with other coders for the duration of the event."

So that rules out anyone who posts on cuk.

Comment

Working...
                X