• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Breakfast...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Breakfast...

Usually consists of just coffee but sat in Glasgow Airport waiting for my flight back to civilisation and saw the breakfast menu, Poached Eggs, Salmon and Hollandaise sauce on a toasted English Muffin.

Yummy!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

How is a muffin different from an English muffin?

Comment

The muffin is no different, but if you ask for one you are probably a Septic who fancies a bit of crumpet.
      Muffins are commonly available in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States. Outside of the United Kingdom they are commonly called English muffins.[4] They are most often toasted and then topped with butter and/or jam. They are also used in breakfast sandwiches with meat (bacon, ham, or sausage), egg (fried, scrambled, poached or steam-poached) and/or cheese. They are the base ingredient in the traditional American brunch dish Eggs Benedict. They often can be found in different varieties, such as whole wheat, cinnamon raisin, cranberry, apple cinnamon, and so on.
      The English muffin as it is known in the United States more closely resembles a crumpet than the muffin produced in Britain in that it has holes on the upper surface. In both cases this is due to the fact that a batter rather than a dough is used resulting in bubbles of gas, produced by the leaven, breaking the surface as the cake cooks. The muffin dough used in Britain is slightly firmer in texture preventing this from occurring. Other than moisture content, there is little difference between a muffin dough and a crumpet batter.[6][7] In Law's Grocer's Manual (1895) it states, "It should be remembered that the batter for crumpets should always be a little thinner than for muffins."[1] And in Saleable Shop Goods 5th Ed. (1898) prolific baking author Frederick T. Vine writes of muffins, "These are made much stiffer than crumpets though still soft."[1]
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        The muffin is no different, but if you ask for one you are probably a Septic who fancies a bit of crumpet.
        ahhh - so its like tea. tea is tea is tea. Except in the states where it is iced tea. You have to ask for English tea to get tea.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Usually consists of just coffee but sat in Glasgow Airport waiting for my flight back to civilisation
          When I was there last week my suggestion that the sign on the M74 saying Carlisle 89 miles should be replaced by Civilisation 89 miles did not go down well.

And it wasn't a dig at Glasgow just a dig at the fact there is absolutely nothing bar hills (and wind turbines) between Glasgow and Gretna Green
          Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          and saw the breakfast menu, Poached Eggs, Salmon and Hollandaise sauce on a toasted English Muffin.
          Is that a Liverpudlian or Geordie who's been on a sun-bed too long?
          Last edited by eek; 30 July 2012, 08:29.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            And it wasn't a dig at Glasgow just a dig at the fact there is absolutely nothing bar hills (and wind turbines) between Glasgow and Gretna Green
            Diver considers that very civilized.

Comment

A latte, one toast and 3 hash browns...

Comment

Black pudding, bacon, eggs, OJ and fresh brew coffee.

Comment

Cup of Irish tea.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Cup of Irish tea.
                    is that with a 'dash' of Jamesons?

Comment

Working...
                    X