• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accident or Sickness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accident or Sickness

I am new to contracting and would like a bit of info...

What if I am in a contract and become Sick or have an Accident and can't work? Is the contract void? Can they file a claim against me?

I understand there will be a million answers but please give me an idea.

Regards

no.

You can claim statutory sick pay if you are that bad.

The company is expected to either substitute or at least facilitate, but most people are understanding.

I'd edit this post, or post it in Business / Contracts - as there are no rules in here and some cantankerous peeps may go "nuclear".

Comment

Most contracts will have a force majeure clause. Agents do tend to get upset if you invoke it but that's what it's there for.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Can;t move it

Comment

Working...
        X