• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello everyone :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone :)

Hello to everyone here

I have been watching these forums for a while now, although I only registered recently.
    Yes, I am a permie now and my plan is to start contracting next year, sort of March / April.
    My field is C# , sql server, back end stuff basically.

What I've done so far is gather as much information as possible
    - I'll go via a Ltd company
    - have my eye on an accounting company that offers contract reviews as well
    - read about IR35
    few other bits and bobs, what does it mean, what to expect, benching etc.

I can't wait to start contracting and until I do I'll still spend time on here to keep up to date and see what happens really and what experiences people have.

Welcome ! It's an honour to have you here.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Thought you might have known which area of the forums to post your welcome in if you had been hanging around awhile

Welcome / FAQs
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Thought you might have known which area of the forums to post your welcome in if you had been hanging around awhile

Welcome / FAQs
        Or the FAQ service in my own signature should you have any specific queries that you need answering.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Or the FAQ service in my own signature should you have any specific queries that you need answering.
          No queries yet, no.

Just wanted to say hi and let everyone know that, I for one appreciate what people do on this forum.

It helps people like me , who want to start on the "path of righteousness" and would be a bit lost otherwise .

As for this being the wrong forum, I apologise for that. My time is spent in only 2 locations : Business / Contracts and Accounting / Legal.

Comment

Originally posted by LumbaBread View Post
            I for one appreciate what people do on this forum.
            This subforum is a bit different from the rest of the site.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              And yet, and yet, despite the warnings, you ventured bravely into General.

Specifically.
              Yup, knowing full well what can happen ... having a hard chin is a prerequisite for contracting ( although it helps with many other things as well ).

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                This subforum is a bit different from the rest of the site.
                I meant the whole site, not just the General subforum. The advice one can find on this site can be extremely valuable.

Comment

Who's better, Kirk Douglas or Russell Crowe?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Who's better, Kirk Douglas or Russell Crowe?
                    Better at what? Central heating system maintenance?

Comment

Working...
                    X