• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile Phone Offer...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile Phone Offer...

Hi all - have seen this offer in carphonewarehouse for a Samsung Galaxy Ace -

Talkmobile £7.50, 24 months
    250 minutes Anytime Any network
    5000 texts
    500 MB Data
    Phone is free.

I don't send many SMS or use many minutes per month. Seems to be a very good offer, although would have to move away from VirginMobile, which I want to do anyway (cf post from last week).

Is this a good offer ?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post

5000 texts
    500 MB Data
    Phone is free.

I don't send many SMS or use many minutes per month. Seems to be a very good offer, although would have to move away from VirginMobile, which I want to do anyway (cf post from last week).

Is this a good offer ?
    Depends, how often do you make calls or use data as both of those are low?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Is it for business or personal? I found with Vodafone none of the offers were available for business users.

Personally I would take a screengrab of the offer and speak to the retention team at your current providor and tell them to match it. Amazing what they can do if you push them.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Do you want that phone and do you want to be commited to the plan for 24 months ?

I didn't and kept my old phone and went on a sim only deal. Paying £7.50 /month

Comment

sorry - this is for personal use.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post

5000 texts
            500 MB Data
            Phone is free.

Is this a good offer ?
            with vodafone i got the galaxy ace, unlimted texts (no way i am using more than 5000 though) and 600 mins free calls

think that was about £12 so not a bad deal but you can get more if you need the mins to call.

Comment

You might want to check your numbers, as that deal is showing as £15 a month on Talkmobile: Cheap Mobile Phone Calls, UK and International the £7.50 is for something called a Samsung 335
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                Do you want that phone and do you want to be commited to the plan for 24 months ?

I didn't and kept my old phone and went on a sim only deal. Paying £7.50 /month
                WFTS, sometimes it's a lot better to pick up a SIM only deal and you can even pick up one month rolling contracts so you don't have to be committed. 24 months is a long time and you can pick up a decent priced Android phone for 100GBP these days.
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                  WFTS, sometimes it's a lot better to pick up a SIM only deal and you can even pick up one month rolling contracts so you don't have to be committed. 24 months is a long time and you can pick up a decent priced Android phone for 100GBP these days.
                  Just becareful it is a rolling SIM only deal and not a fixed period one. Vodafone gave me a fixed one and said that as I was a VIP it wouldn't be problem swapping back on to a phone contract. It wasn't a problem... if I bought out the remaining period of the sim only one...
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I had trouble with VF when they decided to cancel Data Traveller Europe, talk about incompetent their customer service is some of the worst I have ever encountered and I was with Three prior to switching, thankfully Tom on the Vodafone forum is superb at his job and squared me a way nicely. Now I just use a prepaid SIM here in Switzerland
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X