• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Golf Clubs and Concentration camps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf Clubs and Concentration camps

I was reminded at the weekend why I loathe golf clubs. I played with a friend and our two sons and as we were walking accross the 18th fairway there was 4 ball "putting out". My friend was on his mobile phone and was later confronted by the club captain in the clubhouse. The captain was outraged and tore my friend off in front of us all. He simply put his hand up and said sorry.

Now I know it is against club rules at most golf clubs to use a mobile phone on the course and I understand why. My friend was however a good 50 yards away from the "Green" and being under the heathrow flight path it can hardly have disturbed the people putting out.

"the spirit" of golf club rules are hardly the point. For example my son was ticked off for not wearing white socks with his shorts despite the fact that he looked fit and very smart. The captain on the other hand was short fat ugly git who looked dreadful even though his shorts and white socks and tucked in (over his fat stomach) shirt fully complied with the dress code. So presumably the dress code is there to ensure people look smart for the club.

Not so. Golf club rules exist as a form of control so that the golf club can officiate like a Nazi concentration camp commandment to instill respect by fear into its members. Furthermore the people who work their ways onto the committees most often do so in order to impress everyone that they hold a position of authority.

We see this everywhere with the jobsworths from all walks of life and nowhere is it worse than at a golf club. What is also revealing is that this behaviour tends to be at its worse amongst the lesser golf clubs which presumably have more self important pricks than the posher ones.

If ever this country were to fall to the control of another Adolf Hitler it would only have to go to its golf clubs in order to find suitably qualified a***holes to run its prison camps.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

whs
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Your wife interested in photographs? Photographs, eh?

Comment

Don't really get golf, but a mate plays at one of the two very nice looking municipal courses, and I doubt he gets this grief.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Your wife interested in photographs? Photographs, eh?
          She is from Purley.

Comment

I blooming hate golf
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

I'd have told him to f**k himself. But then again, that's why I don't play golf as last time I played I told someone to f**k off.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                She is from Purley.
                Purley! Say no more!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I'd have told him to f**k himself. But then again, that's why I don't play golf as last time I played I told someone to f**k off.
                  And did they f**k off?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X