• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time Required to get SC?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Required to get SC?

Any idea?

Originally posted by WilsonPiper72 View Post
    Any idea?
    3-6 months I reckon. Maybe a bit pessimistic with those estimates, my renewal only took a month at the start of the yr but that was only a renewal.
    Last edited by adubya; 31 July 2012, 19:57.

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
      3-6 months I reckon. Maybe a bit pessimistic with those estimates, my renewal only took a month at the start of the yr but that was only a renewal.
      cheers ... mine is being processed and may, be by the time SC comes in , project will be over by then!

Comment

Any idea?
        6 months is a conservative estimate as there's probably an Olympics backlog. I was told you also needed to have been resident for the last 5 years.
        Last edited by BigTime; 1 August 2012, 05:10.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
          6 months is a conservative estimate as there's probably an Olympics backlog. I was told you also needed to have been resident for the last 5 years.
          Resident in the UK?

I am British but staying Scotland for past 6 years!

Comment

Mine took 6 weeks - permie at the time - mi colleague's took 5 months, cos he'd worked in CH for two years and needed loads of extra stuff like Police reports etc...

OP - r u Marty Wilson-Piper latterly of UK-OZ chime-tastic band The Church?

Comment

Any idea?

Catch 22 - No SC, No Contract - No Contract, No SC

I wonder if it is possible that I can apply for SC via my LTD Company? After all, as a Director I should really make sure my staff (I) are vetted in case G4S requires my services

Do you think I can get away with that excuse to get my SC?

Comment

Originally posted by BS1397 View Post
                Catch 22 - No SC, No Contract - No Contract, No SC

I wonder if it is possible that I can apply for SC via my LTD Company? After all, as a Director I should really make sure my staff (I) are vetted in case G4S requires my services

Do you think I can get away with that excuse to get my SC?
                Nope - ur company needs to be on MOD List X, which is not really gonna happen unless u bum an MP...

Comment

Why don't people bother to read the SC sticky in Business/Contracts section. All these questions have been covered in there.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Why don't people bother to read the SC sticky in Business/Contracts section. All these questions have been covered in there.
                    Cos this is General - Fool!

Comment

Working...
                    X