• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying olympic tickets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying olympic tickets

So you do a search, and it comes back with some sessions which have tickets available (apparently). You select the one price band left, add to basket, request tickets and it comes back with "no tickets found". WTF? Even just selecting one ticket still comes back with no tickets found, yet the event keeps showing up in the search.

WTF??

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    So you do a search, and it comes back with some sessions which have tickets available (apparently). You select the one price band left, add to basket, request tickets and it comes back with "no tickets found". WTF? Even just selecting one ticket still comes back with no tickets found, yet the event keeps showing up in the search.

WTF??

Let us know if it works, I'm toying with going up.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Olympic ticket sales organised by Keyser Söze ltd?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Do you have to have ticket to an event to get in? If so, what's the cheapest ticket?

Comment

The available tickets are only updated a couple of times a day.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            The available tickets are only updated a couple of times a day.
            Quite.

The Olympic organisers were way too cheap to pay extra £100 mln to get real time fully licensed MySQL database with up to date information that would have facilitated sales.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Do you have to have ticket to an event to get in? If so, what's the cheapest ticket?
              The only thing available when I looked (which actually returned tickets) was weightlifting at Excel.
              We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
              - Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
              X