• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overheard in the office ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overheard in the office ...

Have a couple of Russian programmers working with me for a few days, and the only free desk for one of them was next to a window, where the sun streams in, but without a blind.

Well, there is a blind, but it is still in its box, propped up against the wall next to the window.

One of the managers comes in this morning with a little box of tools and suggests to one of the guys that he might want to install the blind.

A few minutes later the Russians are conversing in Russian and I overhear one bitchin': "I'm software, not a f**king hardware guy."

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Is this another classic threaded, "look at me! I can understand Russian" thread?

Comment

Nail them to the desk and sew back their eyelids, they will soon come round.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
        Is this another classic threaded, "look at me! I can understand Russian" thread?
        I'm with DP on this one - the crux of the story is that a manager asked someone to put up a blind, and he said "I'm software, not a f**king hardware guy."

His nationality has no relevance here; and one can only surmise that it's inclusion was to suggest that you understand Russian ?

Personally I was wondering what colour shirts these guys are wearing, what their shoe sizes are, and maybe what they are planning on having for lunch; as these are equally irrelevant to the core subject of the post !

PS. Looking forward to Copenhagen next weekend

Comment

He is now trying to install the blind. As it is a sloping roof he has just banged his head, (edit twice (edit three) times). I am now learning some new variations of common swear words.

He's also doing it completely wrong, but it is way too entertaining to watch than to step in and help.

You'd think "Darn, he's looking at the instructions, that'll spoil the fun.", you'd be wrong. Luckily, with my ever trusty time machine, I saw this moment coming and previously swapped them for some I had at home for a not so dissimilar, OK completely different, fitting.

Comment

Jakes Daddy...I don't care if they are Russian....But are the blinds Venetian??

Comment

Poor Threaded. Your life seems to consist of a series of non-events.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                He is now trying to install the blind. As it is a sloping roof he has just banged his head, (edit twice (edit three) times). I am now learning some new variations of common swear words.

He's also doing it completely wrong, but it is way too entertaining to watch than to step in and help.

You'd think "Darn, he's looking at the instructions, that'll spoil the fun.", you'd be wrong. Luckily, with my ever trusty time machine, I saw this moment coming and previously swapped them for some I had at home for a not so dissimilar, OK completely different, fitting.
                What kind of sick sad-sack laughs a blind man stumbling around ?
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by threaded

Take no notice Threaded - I thought it was funny. Nothing like someone else hurting themselves during the DIY process for a good giggle

Comment

He is now swearing, shaking his hand furiously and a plastic thingy has disappeared under a set of desk drawers.

All because the tool box does not contain an awl.

For those not too conversant with DIY, an Awl is a protective device to reduce the chance of hitting your thumb and index finger with a hammer.

Comment

Working...
                    X