• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Three phone contract - personal to business transfer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three phone contract - personal to business transfer

I have a pay monthly contract phone from Three in my name.

Has anybody tried to get Three to transfer a personal contract to their limited? Were you successfull? How long did it take?

They don't even offer the same business plan that I got in my name.

Yes, I understand that running the payments through the company account is not enough - the contract needs to be in the company name.

Will call the Three support people after this discussion in case there is a magic word to make them do the transfer.

Originally posted by myco View Post
    I have a pay monthly contract phone from Three in my name.

Has anybody tried to get Three to transfer a personal contract to their limited? Were you successfull? How long did it take?

They don't even offer the same business plan that I got in my name.

Yes, I understand that running the payments through the company account is not enough - the contract needs to be in the company name.

Will call the Three support people after this discussion in case there is a magic word to make them do the transfer.
    Seriously? Of course the plan will be different for business customers and personal customers. With O2 the process was quick and easy for me. I selected the new business plan I wanted, emailed them my certificate of incorporation and new banking details, and I was sorted. Easy.

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
      Of course the plan will be different for business customers and personal customers.
      I think T-Mobile offer the same plan to business or private customers, the only change is that they advertise the business ones ex-VAT.

The only difference is that one is in the name of the company and the other is in the name of a person. I can't see why there would need to be a difference in price, it's the same service at the end of the day (mobile companies and their confusion marketing practices not withstanding).
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

I tried to get Orange to change mine from personal to business. Not easy. In the end I gave up.

Renewal coming but I'm wondering if its even worth bothering attempting to get it in name of business. After all, if its going to be more than 20% more expensive than same personal plan then theres little point in doing this....

Also, theres a lot of companies out there like mobiles.co.uk who do some excellent deals but probably aint interested in business contracts? For instance, I can get a Galaxy S3 for free for £26 month. If same business plan is going to cost more than £31 then theres little point, is there?

Anyone got any recommendations for a good deal they got for a business contract?
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Exactly what psycho says.

I just went from a business phone on Vodafone in my co name at nearly 50 quid a month (international etc)

to

T-Mobile, with a FREE lumia 900 for 26 a month , but only personal..

When my business saves nearly 50% on an equal plan, I don't care whos name it is in and think hector would see the logic there.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post

I just went from a business phone on Vodafone in my co name at nearly 50 quid a month (international etc)

to

When my business saves nearly 50% on an equal plan, I don't care whos name it is in and think hector would see the logic there.
            Yeh. Obviously no sense in paying £50 on a business plan just to save the 20% CT on it. i.e. £10. You're still £40 out of your pocket.

As opposed to £26 if its a personal contract.

But my accountant insists its got to be in business name and from business account. Like you said, stupid really. Why is this?

I can pay for hotels using my own credit card and claim it back as an expense from my own company, so why cant I pay for a phone myself and claim it back?
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

to

Wrong. Hector doesn't see logic. If it is in your name you don't claim it from the company. It is your phone not the companies. Black and white to them.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

to

How is that "FREE"?

Would you be happy to pay £26 month if it didn't include the phone?

Seriously though, my PAYG contract (now registered in the company's name) probably costs less per year than your business contract did per month. I also have VoIP at home with caller ID to look like my mobile and it only costs MyCo 1p/minute. Every little helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
                  How is that "FREE"?
                  I never understood that either. I just buy my devices outright now and get a sim only deal. Works out much cheaper overall.

If you really can't get a decent business tariff then buy a phone outright with the business credit card, get a sim only deal in your own name and stick that sim in the phone. At least you get the phone paid for on the business if you can't get the rental paid.

I just use T-Mobile, their prices are the same for personal or business so it's no bother.
                  Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Wrong. Hector doesn't see logic. If it is in your name you don't claim it from the company. It is your phone not the companies. Black and white to them.
                    Self assessment and if you're squeaky clean elsewhere, put it through.

Comment

Working...
                    X