• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Employment service check

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employment service check

I have been contracting for many years and recently came accross this site w ww.applymyjob.com where they apparently take bit of a fee to automatically apply for jobs on your behalf. I was initailly tempted due to the fact that I basically hate applying for jobs and also hate looking for jobs to apply for as well, especially when I should be basically either working or on time off, but i am still not sure.

can I please ask if anyone has tried this service?

Thanks

Originally posted by itpro View Post
    I have been contracting for many years and recently came accross this site w ww.applymyjob.com where they apparently take bit of a fee to automatically apply for jobs on your behalf. I was initailly tempted due to the fact that I basically hate applying for jobs and also hate looking for jobs to apply for as well, especially when I should be basically either working or on time off, but i am still not sure.

can I please ask if anyone has tried this service?

Thanks
    This company is breaking the law.
    6.-(1)Except in such cases or classes of case as the Secretary of State may prescribe,a person carrying on an employment agency or an employment business shall not demand or directly or indirectly receive from any person any fee for finding him employment, or for seeking to find him employment.
    (2)Any person who contravenes this section shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding £400.
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post1520777

(I originally deleted this post but then remember my previous post on the same subject ).
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by itpro View Post
      I basically hate applying for jobs and also hate looking for jobs to apply for as well
      Go Perm. You are not cut out to be a contractor.
      Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
        Go Perm. You are not cut out to be a contractor.
        +1

Alternatively, the OP is from the previously mentioned website!
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Funny thing is I quite enjoy going for contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Funny thing is I quite enjoy going for contracts.
            Quite right, going for contracts is like chasing birds on the lash. Full of confidence, you're not interested in long term commitments, you just want to **** 'em.
            Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
              Quite right, going for contracts is like chasing birds on the lash. Full of confidence, you're not interested in long term commitments, you just want to **** 'em.
              And when you have been on the bench long enough, you dont care what they are like

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                This company is breaking the law.
                Are they?
                You should be paying for this through the company which makes it a business to business transaction

They're also NOT an employement agency and they are not helping you to apply for jobs which you wouldn't be able to apply for anyway. All they are adding is a level of automation to the process in terms of a SaaS. They could package the process into an application and charge for that. Would that be any different? It would certainly make it more difficult for them to respond quickly to any website changes by jobsite which require their scraping technique to change.

I see this no different as saying that internet access and a mobile phone are helpful tools when looking for a job. Does this mean that everyone who is looking for a job should get these free?
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Are they?
                  You should be paying for this through the company which makes it a business to business transaction

They're also NOT an employement agency and they are not helping you to apply for jobs which you wouldn't be able to apply for anyway. All they are adding is a level of automation to the process in terms of a SaaS. They could package the process into an application and charge for that. Would that be any different? It would certainly make it more difficult for them to respond quickly to any website changes by jobsite which require their scraping technique to change.

I see this no different as saying that internet access and a mobile phone are helpful tools when looking for a job. Does this mean that everyone who is looking for a job should get these free?
                  They are breaking the law. Anything which directly connects applying for a job and changing the applicant is illegal.

It also won't work as how many agencies are going to accept spammy applications when there receive hundreds of valid applicants that they already don't filter properly.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Here is another one "breaking the law"

Manager, Director, VP and C-Level Jobs :: Find Executive Jobs :: TheLadders.co.uk
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X