• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Commodore 64 turns 30

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commodore 64 turns 30

BBC News - Commodore 64 turns 30: What do today's kids make of it?

I have decidely mixed feelings about the 64. My youthful enthusiasm with "peeking" and "poking" led me to do a computer engineering degree rather than something more generic and long-term useful.
    Oddly if computers hadn't existed then I would have tried to get into medical school.
    Life might have been very different. But I can't say better, necessarily.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

I have decidely mixed feelings about the 64. My youthful enthusiasm with "peeking" and "poking" led me to do a computer engineering degree rather than something more generic and long-term useful.
    Oddly if computers hadn't existed then I would have tried to get into medical school.

Commodore USA

Comment

I think your index finger is put to much better use when used for typing on a keyboard.

Certainly far better than being used to perform an examination of a patients rear passage.

Comment

So what would you have done when you failed medical school entry?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          So what would you have done when you failed medical school entry?
          At the time, 3 As required and not even in hard subjects like Maths and Physics.
          In the event got two As and a B including Maths and Physics.
          If they didn't like the B, would have retaken next year

HTH, thicko.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Get yourself a Commodore 64 PC and relive the good times...

Rebirth of the Commodore 64 PC | ForeverGeek
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

playing that video made me realise what an old fecker I am.

Comment

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19055707]Oddly if computers hadn't existed then I would have tried to get into medical school.
                I think your manner is more suited to the back room coding than the bedside.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                  I think your manner is more suited to the back room coding than the bedside.
                  ++++++1

Imagine all the cretinous twunts you'd encounter as a civil servant

Comment

At the time, 3 As required and not even in hard subjects like Maths and Physics.
                    In the event got two As and a B including Maths and Physics.
                    If they didn't like the B, would have retaken next year

HTH, thicko.
                    I work with medical doctors. Some of them are bright enough but I can charitably see that you might have re-taken and ended up as a sub-standard GP.

Comment

Working...
                    X