• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hmmm was this the best move.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm was this the best move.....

Telling the PM what he is doing wrong just before negotiations for an extension!

Ah well they are paying me for my knowledge, if the don't take it on board I will just keep plugging away at the free coffee and hot bird on reception!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

The right thing to do is make yourself indispensable (and not in the wrong way, hoarding knowledge etc).

Make the PM's job easy, but don't make him look like a tit and you should be fine for extension time.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      The right thing to do is make yourself indispensable (and not in the wrong way, hoarding knowledge etc).

Make the PM's job easy, but don't make him look like a tit and you should be fine for extension time.
      Or offer 10% of your rate to the PM

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        i like the sound of this

in fact i'm going to insist on this next time i get any contractoring techies in

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          So basically you are saying PM's are no better than PIMPS?
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I am sure he respects your honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Telling the PM what he is doing wrong just before negotiations for an extension!

Ah well they are paying me for my knowledge, if the don't take it on board I will just keep plugging away at the free coffee and hot bird on reception!
              You have a phoenix as a receptionist?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                You have a phoenix as a receptionist?
                GET OUT!

oh, I see you left already

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  I will just keep plugging away at the free coffee and hot bird on reception!
                  I make do with the hot coffee and free bird

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I am sure he respects your honesty.
                    People who value your honesty tend to be competent enough anyway and don't mind when you might constructively criticise one part of their work. People who can't take constructive criticism are usually incompetent jerks, precisely because they've never listened to the opinions of others.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X