• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are You a Sink or a Radiator?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are You a Sink or a Radiator?

I ask the question as a recent experience has brought me to the realisation that I am actually probably more of the former than the latter.

A little background for you first. For the last 6 months or so I have been lodging in a guest house cum pension affair from Monday to Friday. It has all been very pleasant and my path hasn't really crossed that of anyone else who stays there.

Until now.

A rather pusillanimous looking character, though with a very ebullient personality, has just moved in. My first encounter with him was as a result of my having agreed to show him the ropes as a result of the landlady having been away on the day of his arrival. He thought this wonderful that another resident would take the trouble to do this and exclaimed:

"Hey, Whoa! I'm gonna really like it here - there's a really great communidee spirit goin' down!"

Now I don't seem to be able to avoid him. When I get home in the evening, he's in the kitchen. When I walk up to the stairs to my room I have to walk past his room and he always has his door wide open.
    Even if I try and tiptoe past unnoticed he invariably collars me and makes me listen to one of the guitar chords he's been practicing.

But, worst of all, is the morning. When I'm at my most curmudgeonly. I've always managed to gauge the comings and goings at the breakfast table perfectly such that I can have my breakfast in peace.
    Not any more. The normal sequence of events that now unfolds is this.

1) I wait in my room until I hear him leave the breakfast table.
    2) I sit down at the table and make myself comfortable
    3) He suddenly reappears claiming that he's left something behind.
    4) He remains standing trying to engage my in conversation whilst watching me eat my bacon and eggs.

I don't think I can take any more!

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    I don't think I can take any more!
    Walk around the house wearing just your pants. He won't bother you for long.
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

you are in there!

it might be love.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        you are in there!

it might be love.
        With that level of stalking, I'd be worried about rape. Buggeridged indeed!
        Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

You could wrap that guitar around his head?

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
            Walk around the house wearing just your pants. He won't bother you for long.
            I'd have said vest but no pants. That'll learn 'em.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
            X