• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Motivation"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Motivation"

This is the first time I have been asked to include a short ‘motivation’ about why I would be good for the role? Before my CV is passed to the Client...

I am tempted to just reply "MONEY" but I thought I ask what you? that is if you can stop laughing before me...

money
    free tea coffee
    free laptops, ipads plasma`s etc
    office eye candy
    desk next to the exit
    high partitions between desks

these are all things i look for in a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
      money
      free tea coffee
      free laptops, ipads plasma`s etc
      office eye candy
      desk next to the exit
      high partitions between desks

these are all things i look for in a good job.
      Now go do one for what you look for in a contract.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Now go do one for what you look for in a contract.
        money !

Comment

Been asked for motivation or supporting statement a fair few times

And as a matter of principle I refuse to waste my time putting anything down if they can't see from my CV that I have the required skills and experience to do the job (and that means a contract role) then I am not going to waste my time. Luckily never been in a situation where desperate times would call for desperate measures. It is one of the things I like about contracting - don't have to prove motivation just prove you can do the job

Comment

Is "motivation" supposed to be a list of reasons for the client to hire you? Rather than your motives for taking the contract?
            Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Money
              Further develop skill awesome skill set
              Money
              Chance to correct more people who say 'who' when they mean 'whom'
              Money
              Could not face being at home with wife and kids all day
              Money
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by geoffreywhereveryoumaybe View Post
                I refuse to waste my time putting anything down if they can't see from my CV
                Now that I stopped laughing it occurred to me that;

A) It is very quiet today so perhaps some agents are having a bet to see which agent gets the most "Motivations" replies?
                B) The bonuses for July might have been bad so they are venting their disappointment by asking for this nonsense to make them feel better?
                B) They might be testing to see how desperate I am before the rate issue is negotiated seriously?
                C) They visited 419 Eater - The largest scambaiting community on the planet! and thought to try this on Contractors?

I decided to reply that this is Client interview question and therefore any written "Motivation" will neither be necessary nor applicable as they are hiring a skilled Contractor for a short term and are not seeking to fill a Perm position. If I hear nothing then so be it.

So which one will you vote for? A,B,C or D ?

Comment

the extra £20 an hour I expect for putting up with this HR B@ll@cks.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Update; Just noticed another email from agents;

"Please include a couple of references we can take to satisfy our SLA with this client."

Gone fishing to satisfy me own SLAs...

Comment

Working...
                    X