• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella payslip has EEs NI and also Ers NI

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella payslip has EEs NI and also Ers NI

Hi there,

I started my first contract last month and received my first payslip yesterday.

I'm quite surprised to see both Employers NI Contribution and also Employees NI Contribution on there.

Is is correct to have both as a contractor using an umbrella?

Originally posted by trumpet View Post
    Hi there,

I started my first contract last month and received my first payslip yesterday.

I'm quite surprised to see both Employers NI Contribution and also Employees NI Contribution on there.

Is is correct to have both as a contractor using an umbrella?
    shouldn't this be posted in the umbrella section?

I am sure you will get better advice - but yes its normal.

your rate should include all this when you negotiate it.

Comment

You need to advise us of your line of work. It sounds as if you may be a radiator bleeder. Or possibly a gladiator? These are important details to give you an accurate answer.

Comment

Yes, you get hit for both employers & employees NI when working through an umbrella.

May be worth checking out the links on the right, especially first timers guide and Umbrella Companies.

Comment

When you work through an umbrella company your salary is based on the contract rate, as agreed in the business to business contract between the agency and the umbrella company, less an amount that the umbrella company must, by law, pay to HMR&C for employer's NI and their margin which is retained for the services they perform

HTH
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
          X