• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People who don't understand the word "definite" or the phrase "I promise"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who don't understand the word "definite" or the phrase "I promise"

Pisses me off.

Had two spare V Festival tickets (cost almost £200 each). Friends of ours said we'd have them - this was a month ago.

Said sort it out when we come back from hols - that was two weeks ago. Since then, I've had about 5 instances of failing to turn up to collect and pay for the tickets. Although he did offer to collect the tickets and pay by bank transfer in a few days - bollax said I.

So sent him txt saying look I need to sell these do you want them or not? Had apologetic text saying yes definitely, I promise I wont let you down etc.

You can guess the rest. Text today saying sorry to let you down, a few things have come up etc. Tosser.

In other words, suddenly realised the tickets were a few hundred quid and cant afford it.

Pissed me off. If you promise something which involves a financial outlay on your part - make sure you can actually meet your promises first.

BTW. Anyone want 2x tickets for V Festival Weston Park Staffs 18th/19th Aug?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

I have the same thing every year. I live in chelmsford so buy a few extra tickets for friends who decide they want to go last minute. Last year i had a friend who wanted to go so i saved the tickets for him so saved the tickets for him (at face value) although i was offered more money for them, then a week before, he told me he couldnt go. I managed to sell them luckily, but it really p*ssed me off.

This year i have refused to hold them for anyone, whoever gives me the cash first will get them

Comment

Yes definitely. I've been looking for these for ages!
      £200 no problem at all.

Er well sorry actually er ..no.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
        I have the same thing every year. I live in chelmsford so buy a few extra tickets for friends who decide they want to go last minute. Last year i had a friend who wanted to go so i saved the tickets for him so saved the tickets for him (at face value) although i was offered more money for them, then a week before, he told me he couldnt go. I managed to sell them luckily, but it really p*ssed me off.

This year i have refused to hold them for anyone, whoever gives me the cash first will get them
        Same here. Learnt my lesson.....

Dont even get me started about the hassle my Mrs gets with her botox business. I could start a website called www.getyourexcuseshere.com.

Its unbelievable the number of people who call, are really keen, get told the price (its not cheap), make an appt, then, sometimes, hours before phone up (actually they usually text) with some emergency. Its as if people convince themselves they really want something, then wake up on the day and the harsh reality of the financial facts hit them in the face. One woman has cancelled 4 times in a row now (cat had to go vets, daughter rushed into hospital, crashed car, and last time I think, somebody had blocked her car in the driveway) - told the mrs to ignore here now shes a time waster.

Tell you what I'm going to walk into a Ferrari garage one day, because I really want one, string them along and then at last minute realise I cant afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
          Yes definitely. I've been looking for these for ages!
          £200 no problem at all.

Er well sorry actually er ..no.
          Too busy banging the cleaner?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Too busy banging the cleaner?
            You do need the money if the missus has had to start cleaning.

Comment

Pisses me off.

Had two spare V Festival tickets (cost almost £200 each). Friends of ours said we'd have them - this was a month ago.

Said sort it out when we come back from hols - that was two weeks ago. Since then, I've had about 5 instances of failing to turn up to collect and pay for the tickets. Although he did offer to collect the tickets and pay by bank transfer in a few days - bollax said I.

So sent him txt saying look I need to sell these do you want them or not? Had apologetic text saying yes definitely, I promise I wont let you down etc.

You can guess the rest. Text today saying sorry to let you down, a few things have come up etc. Tosser.

In other words, suddenly realised the tickets were a few hundred quid and cant afford it.

Pissed me off. If you promise something which involves a financial outlay on your part - make sure you can actually meet your promises first.

Hi mate

Can I have them ? I definitely do need the tickets. I really want to go to that wankfest.

I will send you a cheque for 1000 quid and you can then give me the difference back in cash plus the tickets.

I wont let you down.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Pisses me off.

It sounds like a verbal contract. Ask NLUK about dunning.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  You do need the money if the missus has had to start cleaning.
                  Was referring to KentPhillips thread from a few months ago where he had a thing for his cleaner if I remember correctly.

Comment

Was referring to KentPhillips thread from a few months ago where he had a thing for his cleaner if I remember correctly.
                    Yes and as we know he's doing you missus, I naturally assumed that she's had to take on some extra work.

Comment

Working...
                    X