• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The times they are a changing - Hotels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The times they are a changing - Hotels

Stayed in quite a few hotels over the last few weeks, and I noticed three very interesting things.

well, they are interesting to me. Thats what I mean. I am not implying that everyone will find them interesting

1. WiFi now comes as standard
    2. Coffe and tea and kettle in the room are a thing of the past
    3. Cards - the smaller hotels will deal only in cash. they dont even bother to swipe a card

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Stayed in quite a few hotels over the last few weeks, and I noticed three very interesting things.

well, they are interesting to me. Thats what I mean. I am not implying that everyone will find them interesting

3. Cards - the smaller hotels will deal only in cash. they dont even bother to swipe a card

One thing I have seen is that small places WIFi is standard, but big chains you pay an stupid about for it, best is £3 for 24 hours, worse is £15 for 24 hours!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      One thing I have seen is that small places WIFi is standard, but big chains you pay an stupid about for it, best is £3 for 24 hours, worse is £15 for 24 hours!
      its been free in every single place I have stayed

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

I've only noticed free wifi is increasing. If I stay anywhere that charges for wifi, I always mention it in the feedback, but generally I avoid those places. Some largecos have a policy that they'll only book staff into hotels with free wifi. The more that go that route, the more prevelant it will become.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Not all of us were born in the 19th century

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
            you make a factually accurate and undisputable point, whilst leaving the aftertaste of a sour and runny dog-turd

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
                The 19th century is 1800-1899

You were born in the 20th century.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

In the US,

1) Wifi comes at $14.95/$19.95 even though it's free in the lobby
                  2) No coffee or tea, plus $5/$7 for a bottle of water
                  3) No idea what you're talking about. It's all card, they probably even want a tip for using it.

Robbing bastards.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Hmm, I certainly haven't noticed the wireless or lack of kettles. I thought in room refreshments was part of the star system and not mandatory do make make up part of the score towards rating? And where wireless is pretty standard the quality and cost varies wildly. Paying silly prices for one bar is just not in this day and age.
                    Last edited by northernladuk; 2 August 2012, 13:11.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X