• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Environmental Health

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Environmental Health

A few weeks ago, I was up in Tromso in the arctic circle.
    Now whilst we are away, we get petpals to come around and put food out in the garage for our 4 cats.

In addition , Mrs EO daughter comes around once every few days to check the place and move the mail, opens the curtains etc, just to make the place look occupied.

Anyways, one of the cats sneaked in behind her and curled up on the landing, she put the alarm on then went home. Her three week old son then got admitted to hospital, so she was unable to do any more visits.

In the meantime, the cat , Brewster Roustabout, is getting hungry, thirsty and has to sh!t on the carpet. Every time the cat moves, the burglar alarm goes off, which must have deafened the poor beast and which explains why all my cactus plants were knocked off the window sill.

So Mrs EO gets a phone call in the hotel in Tromso from Environmental health in Salford, 'either get the alarm switched off, or we will serve papers tomorrow to get the door forced and the alarm disconnected' the poor bloke thought the missus was taking the mick when she explained that she couldnt nip home because she was 350 miles north of the arctic circle.

Anyways, I took all the neighbours a bottle of wine, and apologised profusely yesterday

hey ho

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Did you see the tableau in the Arctic museum of that poor baby seal about to be clubbed to death?

Upset the missus something rotten that did..

Comment

Did the cat survive?

Did your neighbours not think it might be nice to call you and let you know your alarm was constantly going off and no one had been round for a bit?

Do you still think they deserve a bottle of wine for doing FA?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
        Did you see the tableau in the Arctic museum of that poor baby seal about to be clubbed to death?

Upset the missus something rotten that did..
        missed that one.

I did get asked by some babe from rio to take her photo next to the cable car,
        then we bumped into her by the cathedral and she laughed and asked me to do another

Upset the missus something rotten that did...

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Did the cat survive?

Did your neighbours not think it might be nice to call you and let you know your alarm was constantly going off and no one had been round for a bit?

Do you still think they deserve a bottle of wine for doing FA?
          Oh aye, the cats fine. Three days without food or water didnt seem to faze her at all. The wine was an apology, I felt really bad about disturbing their peace,
          I value mine, so fairs fair I reckon

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
          X