• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here got a theremin?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here got a theremin?

Its my other half's birthday soon - and it's a big round number.
    I'm getting the requested guitar, (Rickenbacker 330 fireglo) but was also considering getting him a theremin.
    Is there anyone in the assembled masses out there who has one? Should I also get the stand and special amp?
    How hard is it to get a recognisable sound out of one ?
    Last edited by Pogle; 2 August 2012, 17:16. Reason: nails are too long - hence typos
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

360/12 - I miss mine since it was stolen. Currently sorting a Fender Electric XII - can't wait!

Comment

Theremin??? That's going back a bit. Thinkl I've got an article that says how to make one among all my old 1970s electronics books.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

no idea what a theramin is, but if he has a birthday with a 0 in it, tell him he only has to do a bit more then he can relax and take it easy.
        If he's a sucker, like me, he'll fall for it

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Has someone been digging out the old Beach Boys albums then!!

Comment

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Mine's got a big round number coming up - he wants a £30K BMW!

Comment

I have a big round number coming up. I haven't decided what I want yet but I'll probably have to buy it myself.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Anyway, can't speak for your other half but if you are looking at these:

Moog Music Inc

perhaps you should look at these:

Moog Music Inc
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                  X