• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whatever happened to thread.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever happened to thread.....

This thread is dedicated to those who remember the glory days of CUK.

Whatever happened to SKA updates and AtW boast of becoming a millionaire...

Janek and his doom laden misery......

The FTV's who were going to steal our jobs.......

IR35 and we were all going to be taken to court and severely punished for being free spirits.......

Free Willey and his Sprite drinking adventures......

Oh those heady days.......:\

and

You forgot Alf and his Iraq war theads..

and eeerhem .. my anti-israel threads.. and my christian/sex threads??

Comment

Re: and

Wasn't you and Alf going to meet up? Did this happen?

Comment

In those halcyon days did you provide sensible answers to serious questions?

Comment

Yes. But you don't fit in here very well with that attitude, so I evolved into an unhelpful, rude tw@t, like the other regulars here.

HTDH (hope that doesn't help)

:hat

Comment

No Sandy, Alf’s war threads were very defiantly after the rot set in. The FTV scare was when it started to go downhill. Too much racist stuff.

Janek was good. Especially when he came back as “Gordon Brown”, but was rumbled because all his stories came from the man who ran the local chip shop.

My fave was Steven Rees, who wanted to be an IT contractor, and came here for advice.

Comment

I too hark back to the good old days when there were fewer tw@ts to take one at.

Originally there was only Milan, threaded, and shaunbhoy but these days it seems like all the newbies are trying to out-Milan Milan while Milan himself has matured no end and sometimes even posts stuff that almost makes sense - I guess it was passing through puberty that did it for him.

Comment

Some great trolls all pretending to be from India asking for advice on how to get a contract here etc.

Oh those boys and girls at the Work Permits dept, they know how to have a good time......

Comment

trying to out-Milan Milan
                  And what exactly is Milan famous for?

Btw, have you ever considered that many newbies act like immature tw@ts because when they post sensible comments or questions they are usually on the receiving end of mickey taking and nonsense? Monkey see monkey do.

Comment

slave

Slave, do you actually have a job?? you seem to have taken this BB over... before you said you were on the bench , and that's fine... but I find it difficult for a contractor to have all this time to take on the whole of the BB... as a manger you must go to the odd meeting, don't you ?/ seem to be always present here??

Comment

Working...
                    X