• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone working in an office without the Olympics on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm working with some ultra authoritarian (and useless) managers behind me and they have, as a show of strength - removed the olympics from 3 redundant screens ; forcing people to ask for a 5 minuter.

Who does or doesn't have access to the olympics at work?
    Yep, unlucky for you!
    44.44%
    No, I feel the pain
    33.33%
    I'm AndyW and I don't like sports unless they involve urinating
    22.22%

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    I'm working with some ultra authoritarian (and useless) managers behind me and they have, as a show of strength - removed the olympics from 3 redundant screens ; forcing people to ask for a 5 minuter.

BBC website live streaming the games!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Two different questions

I could turn the TV in my (home) office on, but I don't need any additional distractions TBH.

Comment

Distractions like, say - this forum?

Comment

Distractions like, say - this forum?
          Hence the word additional.

Comment

Wow managers making people work rather than watching who can throw a stick the furthest. Ask for a 5 minute what?

Ive always worked for companies who are trying to make money so never experienced this sort of concept. Is it a public sector thing?

Comment

Screens up all over the place here - sound turned up when UK are competing.

It was annoying when Draghi spoke the other day and spoiled it.

Comment

I'm still lounging on the bench so the Olympics being on has been beautiful. Its Olympics all day every day at my office.

I hit a bit of a low spot after Wimbledon finished then the Olympics arrived and my days were all bright and shiny again.

Comment

One of the permies was streaming something on a laptop yesterday afternoon. I think it was some sport several of them were interested in, as a few of them were gathered round it at one point. I didn't pay much attention to be honest.

I daresay I could stream it if I wanted to, but a) I don't want to; and b) I'm enjoying working on this stuff I'm charging them for, and don't need the distraction.

Might put CBBC on later as it's Friday

Comment

Everyone here is watching it. So internet slow. I think I should tell on them all!

Comment

Working...
                    X