• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Respect Party, time to have them banned? :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respect Party, time to have them banned? :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/5054348.stm

Earlier, Respect Party activist Yvonne Ridley called on Muslims in east London to stop co-operating with police.

She said: "I don't think the Muslim community should communicate with the police any more until they start showing some respect to the community."

Ms Ridley, who became a Muslim after being kidnapped by the Taleban in Afghanistan five years ago, later clarified her comments.

She said she only wanted Muslim community leaders to stop co-operating, not the whole community.

London Mayor Ken Livingstone said Ms Ridley was "on a planet of her own".
    What a pity the Taliban didnt get a chance to lop her head off

Honestly, what planet do these morons come from that are in the respect party?

Mailman

A misquote surely

She said: "I don't think the police should communicate with the Muslim community any more until they start showing some respect to the community."

Err, that can't be right?
    Why not?

Comment

London Mayor Ken Livingstone said Ms Ridley was "on a planet of her own".

Hello Pot my name is Kettle - I'm black

Comment

I had a little chuckle over that too JG.

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/5054348.stm

Honestly, what planet do these morons come from that are in the respect party?

Mailman
          Planet Londonistan

Comment

>Ms Ridley, who became a Muslim after being kidnapped by the Taleban in Afghanistan five years ago

Stockholm Syndrome anyone?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Most definately.

But then again, maybe thats the aim of them muslim terrorists? If they kidnap enough people they will be able to get everyone to convert!

The crafty devils!

Mailman

Comment

Either the Beeb has moved the story, or you meant this one Mailman:
                http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/5054600.stm

Ahh, the young Ms Ridley, I remember her.

"She now describes radical cleric Abu Hamza al-Masri as "quite sweet really" and says the Taleban have suffered an unfair press."

Kiss, kiss, hug, hug.
                Last edited by Joe Black; 8 June 2006, 19:10.

Comment

Bloody hell. Like the buggers can actually communicate with the police without a translator.

I'm going to start a Nazi marching party and refuse to communicate with the police!
                  Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

The woman converted 5 years ago after she was "arrested" by the taliban?

Tell you what, the worst kind of religious nutter (apart from islamic terrorsits) are the born agains!

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X