• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whoopsy Daisy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoopsy Daisy

Very "large" bug....
    I'm alright Jack

Black swan event?

They put it into production without proper testing or without a ramp up. That is every day in most corporates.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

hahahaha

Nice to have a Friday funny.

Comment

If the devs were contractors I hope they've got very good PI insurance.

Comment

All that effort IBs put in to preventing their disillusioned and demotivated CMs from accessing technical articles on the internet or using normal tools like thumb drives to bring in well-tested code from other projects, and they still manage to mess up? Who'd have thunk it?

Comment

Surely they have trading limits and authoristion requirements etc? I have worked on 3 trading systems and that is a very basic requirement!
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
              All that effort IBs put in to preventing their disillusioned and demotivated CMs from accessing technical articles on the internet or using normal tools like thumb drives to bring in well-tested code from other projects, and they still manage to mess up? Who'd have thunk it?
              I used to just email it to myslef. Never once got pulled for it. This was after I plugged my USB drive in, and all hell broke loose!

Comment

or use goolge drive...sssh not yet blocked on firewall if accessed via G+
                Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                  I used to just email it to myslef. Never once got pulled for it. This was after I plugged my USB drive in, and all hell broke loose!
                  Yes, I got advised to do that too. Like there was only one piece of code you needed to access from your code library per day, and as if you could afford to wait until you got home each evening to access it. Trying to work in that disjointed way just ruins your flow. I can only imagine IBs prefer their IT projects to fail, because they appear to set their developers up for failure at every turn.

Comment

Suity!

Comment

Working...
                    X