• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is outsourcing the cause of RBS debacle?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is outsourcing the cause of RBS debacle?

BBC News - Is outsourcing the cause of RBS debacle?

Comment #570 (by John):

Hopefully this will act as a wake up call to directors who see IT as an overhead, a chance to justify huge bonuses cutting costs - replacing experienced developers with cheap coders based in India.

Sadly it wont.The UK was a world leaders in IT, that legacy has been squandered by greedy directors, and Labour/Tories have done nothing to stop it.

We should offshore the directors instead.

Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

I dont think its just directors. I fell that contractors have been under attack since 1997. Politicians have alot to answer for with IR35.

Comment

I am personally fed up with Bobs in investment banking, they are a pain to deal with, hard to understand, some of them are very political and will take your job given the opportunity. Don't people understand that if you outsource the I.T. to Bob, Bob can make higher demands on your business in the long run.

Also their I.T. design proposals are a joke and I refuse to waste my time reviewing them.

This I.T. lark is seriously peeving me off, I'm going to try and move myself into a position of some power to try and weed out this non-sense.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
        I am personally fed up with Bobs in investment banking, they are a pain to deal with, hard to understand, some of them are very political and will take your job given the opportunity. Don't people understand that if you outsource the I.T. to Bob, Bob can make higher demands on your business in the long run.

Also their I.T. design proposals are a joke and I refuse to waste my time reviewing them.

This I.T. lark is seriously peeving me off, I'm going to try and move myself into a position of some power to try and weed out this non-sense.
        I agree with you and good luck.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

hear hear!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Politicians have alot to answer for with IR35.

And IR35 affected outsourcing to 3rd world exactly how?

Comment

Every issue I've ever had with hopeless IT bob, my friend, a chemical scientist, has experienced with chemistry bob.

Comment

This is the first time I've worked with offshored resource but I personally haven't seen any problems yet. We are only three weeks into the build, but so far my offshore dev team has been really enthusiastic and keen to learn. Surely technology is technology whether you are sitting at a desk in Manchester or Chennai!

Comment

Originally posted by BusinessAnalyst2012 View Post
                  ...has been really enthusiastic and keen to learn
                  WTF? They don't know their job?
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Working...
                    X