• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's Chico when you need him ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's Chico when you need him ?

In my somewhat facetious reply to the thread Look at me! I describe the 7 days of creation. But this order of creation is illogical and impossible contradictions occur when trying to fit Genesis' separation of creation into 7 periods (be them days as commonly refered to, or longer periods of time)

According to the 'writers' of Genesis, God created the Sun half way through the creation 'week'. They also explain what God did during the first "days". But without a sun, there were no actual days. Without a sun for the earth to rotate around there would be no "mornings" or changes in the time of day.

Likewise, without natural sunlight, plants could not have grown and survived. Plants were apparently created on day 3, before the Sun. If the length of 'time' is billions of years per 'day', then it is very much impossible that plants could survive before the Sun was created.

The Genesis writer(s) didn't understand the nature of darkness either. He said that God created light on day 1 (somehow before the sun and stars were made) and then "divided the light from the darkness" . Light, however, is not something that can be separated from darkness.
    Light is an electromagnetic radiation from an energy source like the sun or stars, and darkness is merely the absence of light. Without light, there will automatically be darkness. No god is needed to separate or divide light from darkness. We know that today; but the prescientific Genesis writer(s) didn't.

Care to comment Chico ? (or anyone else)

God "outsourced" light and dark to the "Sun" and "Moon" in the middle of the week to free some resources to create some pets?

Comment

Your analysis proves something that I have long believed. Cat Stevens MUST have recorded the song 'Morning has broken' AFTER day 4, explain that one Chico m'lad !!
      It proves that all nocturnal animals were created first and that they were all cold blooded, well they would have to be to survive at absolute zero wouldn't they.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

First problem is with translation. 'Yom' is the word translated to day, but can mean a few different things, just like in English. Light is created on the first day, so the plants are fine.

Second problem is interpretation. Does this story actually tell the creation of the Universe, or is it a subtle way of saying this God is above all other gods? Yet still make it accessible to simpler folks? One can actually see the days of creation as an ordering of simpler religious systems and showing how this God created them too.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Chico is currently undergoing lashing with a bamboo rod at a secret cult location in the UK as his punishment for not making any converts on CUK.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Do they do it for free or is there a charge?
            It's for free. One of the cult's perks.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Tip for would be designers create the megatheme in sequential order and then follow with the detail in sequential order as well

Note the first three days were for the "Form" and the next three were for the "Filling"

hence

Day 1 - Light Day 4 - Sun, moon and stars
              Day 2 - Sea & Sky Day 5 - Sea creatures and birds
              Day 3 - Land & Vegetation Day 6 - Land based creatures and humans.

Chico in "I did a talk on Genesis this week" mode.
              Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                Tip for would be designers create the megatheme in sequential order and then follow with the detail in sequential order as well

Note the first three days were for the "Form" and the next three were for the "Filling"

hence

Day 1 - Light Day 4 - Sun, moon and stars
                Day 2 - Sea & Sky Day 5 - Sea creatures and birds
                Day 3 - Land & Vegetation Day 6 - Land based creatures and humans.

did a talk on Genesis - this guy is a 'big hitter' indeed

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
                  did a talk on Genesis - this guy is a 'big hitter' indeed

Yes it was to his bored fellow waiters in the restaurant where he works in Canary Wharf, during their statutory tea break.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Chico

Did you tell them that you “Can’t Dance” and have the “Invisible Touch” only to find out that you’re “In too deep” and ended up “Throwing it all away” because we live in the “Land of confusion”

Now we know that they are the true Genesis, Not some made up crap
                    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Working...
                    X