• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CompanyCheck's updated website doesn't work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CompanyCheck's updated website doesn't work

Any of you tried to use Company Check or Director Check since their latest update? It looks like they've gone the way of JobSwerve, and completely ruined what was once a valuable resource. It looks pretty, but it simply doesn't work any more for the vast majority of searches, including ones that I know worked before. They've also had a spate of stupid bugs (some of which have been fixed), including basic things like a JavaScript that constantly interrupted your typing when you were trying to enter the name of a company in the one and only field that's on their home page, taking the cursor to the start of the text repeatedly.

Doesn't anybody bother testing their work and then getting someone else to test it before inflicting their 'genius' on the general public any more? If any more of these free websites inflict their painfully-crap 'kreatif' yet non-functional designs on me, I'm asking for my money back.

Very interesting bookmarks bar, where is CUK there?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Very interesting bookmarks bar, where is CUK there?
      CUK is on the far right. Make of that what you will, Kapitalist sellout.

Comment

Yep - just tried it and the home page box is stupid as you say.
        Tried two company searches - 1st OK, 2nd errors.

Site probably written by a one man band who works for food
        (or one of us who wants an extension....)

Comment

If you click 'try again' it works.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            For the four searches I tried, five repetitions each of "try again" didn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              Not for me - I even copied the URL from FF into Chrome

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
                Not for me - I even copied the URL from FF into Chrome
                Bah - and now it works. Must be three people using the site at once!

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                  For the four searches I tried, five repetitions each of "try again" didn't help.
                  Same data can be bought for a £1 from authentic location - Companies House.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Same data can be bought for a £1 from authentic location - Companies House.
                    ONE POUND! When I were a lad, that was a days pay

Comment

Working...
                    X