• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hot breaking news!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot breaking news!

Syria looks bleak, admits William Hague - Telegraph

I am so pleased we have a foreign secretary who has his finger on the pulse and comments show great insight.

As usual the poor suffer.

The UK and US seem to think that they can back one side in a conflict and at the same time act as peace broker. Even more ironic is that in Afghanistan they are supposedly fighting al qaeda and in Syria they are arming them
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Syria looks bleak, admits William Hague - Telegraph

I am so pleased we have a foreign secretary who has his finger on the pulse and comments show great insight.

As usual the poor suffer.
      Yes, no that's right because he hasn't raised the Syria issue at all recently has he.

02 June 2012

10 June 2012

03 July 2012

04 July 2012

17 July 2012

19 July 2012

23 July 2012

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        The UK and US seem to think that they can back one side in a conflict and at the same time act as peace broker. Even more ironic is that in Afghanistan they are supposedly fighting al qaeda and in Syria they are arming them
        We're arming nobody Terry, it's the Saudis and Kuwaitis doing that.
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

BTW: Never beleive photos from Reuters

Reuters Photo Fraud
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
            We're arming nobody Terry, it's the Saudis and Kuwaitis doing that.
            And who do you think is arming them?

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
              And who do you think is arming them?
              My, such a naive life you live. Using your analogy we should have the board of directors of GSK up on charges for distributing Crystal Meth, Diageo responsible for the countless deaths caused through drink driving, BT up on charges for the distribution of illegal software, ad infinitum.

I wonder if we can hold Admin to account for the drivel you spout?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                BTW: Never beleive photos from Reuters

Reuters Photo Fraud
                That was 6 years ago.

But they do need to tighten up their security. Reuters hacked, fake news posted | ZDNet
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                  My, such a naive life you live. Using your analogy we should have the board of directors of GSK up on charges for distributing Crystal Meth, Diageo responsible for the countless deaths caused through drink driving, BT up on charges for the distribution of illegal software, ad infinitum.

I wonder if we can hold Admin to account for the drivel you spout?
                  What, you mean in the same way that we seem to be able to happily extradite retired British businessmen that export batteries from the US because he's apparently arming Iran by doing so, whilst at the same time the Americans themselves couldn't grant immunity to Ollie North and pardons to others involved in the Iran-Contra affair quick enough for their having exported actual arms to that same country? Or do you mean in the same way that we can hold a British citizen in custody for nearly a decade without trial just because the Yanks don't like what he put on his website?

One of us is naive, certainly. I've worked up close with the FCO and with the Police in this country, so I'm fairly certain that my views are at least informed, whether you happen to like or agree with them or not.

Comment

I hate to make a pedantic point here, but there is a difference between arming someone, and selling someone some swag.

You arm someone freely, in the hope of having some control and in the hope that they will do your dirty deeds and in the further hope that it will not come back to bite you on the bum.

You sell swag in order to make a big profit, protect jobs, and, hopefully keep your trading partners in the governing business so that trade can continue into the future

It's a dirty business. But if the people you sell swag to decide to go off and arm someone, that's their business

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X