• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why does the caribbean produce so many quality sprinters?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does the caribbean produce so many quality sprinters?

Obviously everyone knows about Bolt but the caribbean islands seem to be over represented in the 100m heats.

Anyone know why?

Twenty-eight of the last 38 world record holders in the men's 100-meter dash have been black athletes, and researchers at two universities think they know why.

Linky
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Yes but why island guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Yes but why island guys?
        Seems their ancestry is west African and that makes the difference.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

I know the Kenyans et al are the best long distance runners as when they are training the got lions chasing them!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Seems their ancestry is west African and that makes the difference.
            It's cultural. Success breeds success and they're all well into sprinting. It's like the classic why are there no black swimmers. Genetic? Or cultural?

Look at the cricket. They dominated for years in the West Indirs and then their heads were turned towards basketball. Now that's what kids want to do.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Success breeds success
              Very true. Which is why is is so annoying that the UK has gone steadily downhill over the last 100 years after several hundred years of world domination.

Comment

Normally when a black man runs that fast in East London the police shoot him!
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Do your kids do sport, Brillo?

From my (admittedly limited) knowledge of Aspergers, the discipline and repetitive nature would seem ideally suited.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                    Do your kids do sport, Brillo?

From my (admittedly limited) knowledge of Aspergers, the discipline and repetitive nature would seem ideally suited.
                    Who do you think posts in the counting thread?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X