• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT back on new car purchase

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT back on new car purchase

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/CARS/new...jsp?dbid=33797

What happens when you need to get a chest of drawers from your furniture shop to a customer 154 miles away?

Sling it in the back of a pickup of course. But if you need to deliver it in an hour, there's only one truck for the job. Stuart Milne says the 154mph Dodge Ram SRT-10 is the most incredible truck ever made.

There aren't many 2.3 tonne vehicles that hit more than 150mph. In fact, the Ram SRT-10 stands alone in the crazy world of supertrucks.

Powered by the 8.3-litre V10 engine that's been pulled straight from the Viper, the SRT-10 packs 500bhp and a 525lb-ft of torque. That's enough pulling power to tear the planet in half.

It won't come as a surprise to learn it's the fastest pickup truck in the world.

Dodge is vague about the 0-60mph time, but reckons it'll blast to the benchmark time in the 'low 5 second range'. That's supercar fast but simply astonishing in a pickup truck.

Big performance means even bigger brakes; and with 14 and 15 inch brake discs it'll stop from 60mph in just 118 feet - half the distance than the Highway Code claims.

In fact everything about the SRT-10 has been supersized. For $46,000 - or a mere £25,800 - you'll get 22-inch alloys, an ear melting 500-watt stereo complete with subwoofer. And at more than 3.5 meters long, the SRT-10 far longer than a Range Rover.

It's even taller than the Rangey.

You know what's even better than that? The fact that if you own your own business you can even claim the VAT back, so it's a world record holder for petrolheads on a budget.

Or is it? Unsurprisingly Dodge doesn't list fuel consumption for two reasons. Firstly, car makers never announce consumption figures, saying it depends on the weight of load carried.

Secondly - and more importantly for an 8.3-litre, 2 tonne truck - you'll be lucky to see 10 miles to the gallon in this baby.

But it ticks all the boxes for a performance car. Its fast, looks great and you'll be fairly safe in the knowledge that you're not going to see one every day.

If you're after something to turn heads, drop jaws and still get that chest of drawers delivered in record time, the Dodge Ram SRT-10 is perfect.

So perfect contractor "car" then? VAT back and two fingers up to the green brigade. Great for school runs in central London too.

low 5 seconds 0-60 isn't supercar performance. Supercar of the 1970s maybe.
    I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

I have the quad cab long deck version so I can carry my motorbikes (Mike Hailwood rep Duc and Senna MV) when I go out. If I want to go fast I take the lambo.

For a real head turner I have 2 of these http://www.internationaldelivers.com...Family/cxt.asp

Threaded.
      Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 8 June 2006, 13:46.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I also had a small fleet of them custom built for my grand-daughter. And then I kicked one of the staff and had him killed.

HTH

Threaded, aka Baron Harkonnen.

Comment

claim the vat back?

I thought only companies which have as their business the provision of vehicles could claim back the vat?

Comment

I hear this is going to be upgrade car for shaun-bhoy, an extention of his ego that does not fit in small earthly body of his

Comment

Working...
            X