• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britains cheapest house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britains cheapest house

Britain’s cheapest house goes on sale in Ferryhill, Co Durham for £2500 | The Sun |News

Do you take credit card?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Credit Card??

What's the best deal for cash!
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
      Credit Card??

What's the best deal for cash!
      $3000 or £50,000,000 pounds.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

"And property pundits reckon the red-brick house in the former mining village of Ferryhill, Co Durham, could fetch over £30,000 after renovation."

By property pundits I assume they mean the selling agent trying to push a property with drug dealers next door and would be better off demolished.

Comment

+ £1000 buyers fee.

Ferryhill is a dump though. Outside of Durham and Darlington there are incredibly few places any sane person would want to live in.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Looks a lot better than some you see - at least the neighbours aren't boarded up. Looks like some of them have splashed out on double glazing too.

Comment

Misleading reporting since it's for auction with a starting bid of £2500.

Originally posted by eek View Post
              + £1000 buyers fee.

Ferryhill is a dump though. Outside of Durham and Darlington there are incredibly few places any sane person would want to live in.
              I used to live there, and yes it is a dump though. However while there are lots of really deprived little towns like this in the NE, there are also lots of lovely little villages. Houses in the latter cost 5X as much as the former of course... you can easily buy a property in somewhere like Ferryhill for £40k.

And I'd say Darlo is a dump too, Durham is the gem of the NE although there are some nice smaller towns dotted around.

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              Looks a lot better than some you see - at least the neighbours aren't boarded up. Looks like some of them have splashed out on double glazing too.
              Indeed. You see those kind of houses go for £10-20k all the time in the NE.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                And I'd say Darlo is a dump too,
                Darlo has improved then

It used to aspire to be a dump

Comment

Working...
                X