PDA

View Full Version : The F5 key

EternalOptimist
6th August 2012, 15:44
Now I like the F5 key as much as the next man. But now my users want me to refresh the data in my app with the F5 key

I object to this new fangled webb thing dictating to the more mature desktop design. The tail is wagging the dog, mark my words

:rolleyes:

Durbs
6th August 2012, 15:51
Now I like the F5 key as much as the next man. But now my users want me to refresh the data in my app with the F5 key

Hope they are not using my Macbook then as all they'll accomplish is jiggling their screen brightness.

d000hg
6th August 2012, 16:22

I object to this new fangled webb thing dictating to the more mature desktop design. The tail is wagging the dog, mark my words

:rolleyes:Your app should obviously auto-update.

HTH

SimonMac
6th August 2012, 16:24
I once had a director of IT ask me to rewrite Lotus Notes so that unread emails were not highlighted red as this was too aggressive a color.

Old Greg
6th August 2012, 16:26
I once had a director of IT ask me to rewrite Lotus Notes so that unread emails were not highlighted red as this was too aggressive a color.

I hope you gave him some yellow tinted sunglasses and invoiced him 5k.

SimonMac
6th August 2012, 16:27
I hope you gave him some yellow tinted sunglasses and invoiced him 5k.

I was permie at the time and still realing from their WAVE (Women Adding Value Everyday) initiative to get more women interested in IT, I however got bollocked for renaming it the Washing And Vacuuming Executive

NickFitz
6th August 2012, 16:28
You can also use F6/Shift-F6 to move focus to the next/previous frame.

Well, you could on Netscape Navigator, which IIRC was where the "F5 for refresh" thing started back in the mid-90s.

d000hg
6th August 2012, 16:35
That mid-90s is "new fangled" to EO is probably the biggest concern to his client...

suityou01
6th August 2012, 16:35

1 word. Castards.

Gentile
6th August 2012, 17:01

Now, EO2, don't get ahead of yourself. EO1 is still mastering the Shift key yet.

thunderlizard
6th August 2012, 20:06

Rewriting Lotus Notes so that emails are called "emails" would be a start.

EternalOptimist
6th August 2012, 20:07
Listen youse lot.

I am a top developer, of the scouse variety.

and that f5 key will do what I fckng tell it to do. grr

i might make it the camel toe key

petergriffin
7th August 2012, 10:01
What about trapping the F5 key so that when your users press it a pop up appears saying that the action is forbidden and their logs will be sent to personnel?

MarillionFan
7th August 2012, 10:05
Listen youse lot.

I am a top developer, of the scouse variety.

and that f5 key will do what I fckng tell it to do. grr

i might make it the camel toe key

We can tell you're a Scouser. Some bastard has nicked all your capital letters.

:rollin: