• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Baby Jokes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Baby Jokes

If you are on the Facebook you will no doubt by now have been made aware of this group, might be someone you know liked it, or more probably someone you know liked or commented on a "this is vile and sick remove it" type post (I have even seen several "official" complaints to various police forces (I think it even took down Strathclyde's Facebook page due to the number of messages).

I have two thoughts, firstly on the sensible topic of freedom of speech, I assume that this group has not violated any rules on facebook as it still there after I would imagine thousands of proper complaints, is facebook right to stand its ground and not censor their product? People are up in arms when facebook remove a picture of a breastfeeding mother saying its political correctness gone made, can they demand they remove this and protest at the removal of something else?

My second comment is on the stupidty of people, I once heard a person is smart, people are dumb, and I wonder if ny remonstrating against this group, sharing it among their friends via likes on comments they are in face fuelling the fire and spreading the site to more and more people who would never have come across and and are in turn outraged by association
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

First of all I don't use Facebook. It's full of retards who feel that they need to tell everyone about every tedious facet of their dull ******* life 'My wee smells after I have sugar puffs', 'I am in a relationship', 'I am a retard'.

Secondly people start groups over things they love or hate. So assuming your post is about the internet old 'dead baby jokes' Dead Baby Jokes which has been around for ten years already then either they or you are a retard.

I think both.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Quiet frankly, the best thing to do with this sort of thing is to ignore it completely. I remember a lot of dead baby jokes that were passed around when I was in school and the typical schoolboy thought them funny. As you get older, you realise that these sort of things are some of the most objectionable things and so you stop laughing at them and then the people telling you the jokes start to realise that they really aren't funny. The thing is that society itself will sort out the idiots that continue to think these jokes are funny and they are soon sidelined and wondering why they can't progress up the career ladder in their chosen profession with very few friends apart from a few tossers with lingering acne.
      I suppose what I am trying to say (after an enjoyable stint in the pub) is that there should not be any stupid knee-jerk reactionary legislation. Leave the twats to to show themselves up for the sad tossers they are and let society deal with them through a sort of natural selection.

Oh tulip, am I pissed?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        First of all I don't use Facebook. It's full of retards who feel that they need to tell everyone about every tedious facet of their dull ******* life 'My wee smells after I have sugar puffs', 'I am in a relationship', 'I am a retard'.
        Not everyone has your friends.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Secondly people start groups over things they love or hate. So assuming your post is about the internet old 'dead baby jokes' Dead Baby Jokes which has been around for ten years already then either they or you are a retard.

I think both.
          Bless 'em all likes this. :thumbsup

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
            Quiet frankly, the best thing to do with this sort of thing is to ignore it completely.
            +1

Comment

FB sucks ass
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Oh the irony.

Comment

I think both.
                  Isn't that CUK?
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Isn't that CUK?
                    He may be a tool but he's not the sharpest tool.

Comment

Working...
                    X