• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bugger contracting!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugger contracting!

I'm now permie scum (on a decent wage!)

So how the bloody hell do you fold a limited company?

Addendum: * waits for arse to be penetrated with a buggery stick of great proportions for blasphemy.
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Originally posted by TheMonkey

Addendum: * waits for arse to be penetrated with a buggery stick of great proportions for blasphemy.
    I'm going through the same thing.

- Do you account up to when you ceased trading

- If it has some dosh in it write to tax man and ask for ESC C16 (search on here thats where I got my template from). [The point of this is so that the retained funds are capital not income, claim 75% taper relief and you can get about 35k out before CGT kicks in. 70k if there are two of you]

- De register for vat

- Pay the Corp tax

- Request and filing incentives from the IR

- Hand out the cash and assets

- Close the bank account

- Ask companies house to strike off.

Important: when companies house stike off the bank account will be closed and any dosh/assets goes to the crown. So make sure you do it in the right order.

HTH.

Caveat Emptor.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB
      I'm going through the same thing.
      I am ashamed of you all. You have drowned this board in disgrace.

Now, I want to go contracting again.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Contract market is dead at the moment anyway and I need to eat.

Great info ASB - thanks!

I've pulled everything out from the account already as salary (apart from CT/other dues). I have £1.61 of profit in the account and one asset (a copy of Sage Instant Accounts).

Comment

After the words "splitter" and "scum" I'm sure I heard "taper relief".
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

"Contract market is dead at the moment anyway and I need to eat."

FFS. What a bunch of wasters now stalk this board. 1998 I went contracting and its served me, boy and man, and yet its still piss easy to get contracting work. Fair enough the rates were higher in 2000 but they were so ******* obscene it hardly matters. I can still sink a simple 70k without breaking sweat so wheres the problem!!!!????!!!!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Don't!

There is no such thing as a permenent job in this country, you might need that Limited company in a couple of years!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                "Contract market is dead at the moment anyway and I need to eat."

FFS. What a bunch of wasters now stalk this board. 1998 I went contracting and its served me, boy and man, and yet its still piss easy to get contracting work. Fair enough the rates were higher in 2000 but they were so ******* obscene it hardly matters. I can still sink a simple 70k without breaking sweat so wheres the problem!!!!????!!!!
                Well said that man.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

I'm not loyal to a market. If it doesn't serve me then I will jump ship. It's a matter of economics.

I'll start a new company if I need one in the future.

My job is to boss around contractors so ....

Comment

Surely the protocol should be:

Flash MiB pen thingy in eyes of those gone over to the dark side
                    Profile deleted
                    All posts deleted

The person never existed

Comment

Working...
                    X