PDA

View Full Version : Why does God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire produce so many Medal Winners?

ZARDOZ
7th August 2012, 15:55
If Yorkshire were a country it would be tenth in the medal table with five golds, the same as Germany and ahead of Holland. No doubt SAS would explain it as Yorkshire folk having better genes.

Discuss e' by eck

I blame Thatcher shutting down the coalmines.

stek
7th August 2012, 15:57
If Yorkshire were a country it would be tenth in the medal table with five golds, the same as Germany and ahead of Holland. No doubt SAS would explain it as Yorkshire folk having better genes.

Discuss e' by eck

My Bro Tweeted me that Bolton (our home town) has produced more Gold Medals than India, Spain and some other shiit country put together...

Stek, Lanky Lad exiled in Yarksher....

SimonMac
7th August 2012, 15:58

Discuss e' by eck

Can Mod's amend the thread title to give it its full name, God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire

TestMangler
7th August 2012, 15:59
It's because the flout the drug rules by their own special Yorkshire methods.

They avoid drug test detection by injecting ecstacy directly into the skin around the teeth.

This is known locally as 'E By Gum' :laugh

Robinho
7th August 2012, 16:06
It's because the flout the drug rules by their own special Yorkshire methods.

They avoid drug test detection by injecting ecstacy directly into the skin around the teeth.

This is known locally as 'E By Gum' :laugh

There's also the anal probe administration known as "Bloody Norah".

escapeUK
7th August 2012, 20:36
Its because they are desperate to get out of Yorkshire. Great motivation.

gingerjedi
7th August 2012, 21:34
Delivering hovis?

sasguru
8th August 2012, 08:00
No doubt SAS would explain it as Yorkshire folk having better genes.

Eh? When have I ever seriously subscribed to the genetic superiority theory?
I think it's because the lazy twats don't have any jobs allowing them to take t'lottery cash for training in their vast spare time, innit?

MarillionFan
8th August 2012, 08:20
Hasn't Scotland delivered the most medals?

TheSurfer
8th August 2012, 08:29
It's due to our genetic superiority of course from generations of fighting the vikings and hurdling dry stone walls for training.

BA to the Stars
8th August 2012, 08:39
Hasn't Scotland delivered the most medals?

Possibly but the snot goblin would sell all the gold :mad

gingerjedi
8th August 2012, 08:40
If 'pitch fork dueling' and 'welly wanging' were recognised Olympic events Somerset would be imperious.

MarillionFan
8th August 2012, 09:01
If 'pitch fork dueling' and 'welly wanging' were recognised Olympic events Somerset would be imperious.

If they had six fingered pencil spinning dexterity then Devon would win Gold with Shaunbhoy.

Ignis Fatuus
8th August 2012, 09:06
KUATB (http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/81061-why-does-private-education-produce-so-many-medal-winners-5.html#post1588613)

MarillionFan
8th August 2012, 09:09
KUATB (http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/81061-why-does-private-education-produce-so-many-medal-winners-5.html#post1588613)

The Answer is, more money is pumped into Scotland on a per capita basis than anywhere else in the United Kingdom.

Free bloody prescriptions and university education FFS! :tantrum:

Ignis Fatuus
8th August 2012, 09:14

Discuss e' by eck

I blame Thatcher shutting down the coalmines.BTW Edinburgh has more golds than Germany :happy

BA to the Stars
8th August 2012, 09:17
BTW Edinburgh has more golds than Germany :happy

Don't say it too loudly or Edinburgh will have to bail out Greece

Ignis Fatuus
8th August 2012, 09:20
The Answer is, more money is pumped into Scotland on a per capita basis than anywhere else in the United Kingdom.

Free bloody prescriptions and university education FFS! :tantrum:Some day I'll give up replying to that one, but here goes one more time:

Before devolution:
Taxes collected by London.
Public expenditure disbursed by London.
No special movement of funds necessary.

After devolution:
Taxes still collected by London.
Public expenditure largely disbursed by Edinburgh.
Obviously therefore, movement of funds from London to Edinburgh needed.
That's Scottish tax money going off for a trip to London, before coming back again.

Scots get free prescriptions and university education because the Scottish government has decided these are good things to spend their money on - not because they spend English money on them.

Oh BTW, there's a good way to lay all those arguments to rest, and I'll be voting for it in the referendum.

BA to the Stars
8th August 2012, 09:24
Some day I'll give up replying to that one, but here goes one more time:

Before devolution:
Taxes collected by London.
Public expenditure disbursed by London.
No special movement of funds necessary.

After devolution:
Taxes still collected by London.
Public expenditure largely disbursed by Edinburgh.
Obviously therefore, movement of funds from London to Edinburgh needed.
That's Scottish tax money going off for a trip to London, before coming back again.

Scots get free prescriptions and university education because the Scottish government has decided these are good things to spend their money on - not because they spend English money on them.

Oh BTW, there's a good way to lay all those arguments to rest, and I'll be voting for it in the referendum.

And that is why Yorkshire produces so many medal winners

:rolleyes:

gingerjedi
8th August 2012, 10:19

Does that leave them short so they have to come cap in hand back to London to pay for other stuff?

The rest of the UK does so I can't see Scotland being any different.

BrilloPad
8th August 2012, 10:21
Is it because there are too many public schools in Yorkshire?

Ignis Fatuus
8th August 2012, 10:44
Does that leave them short so they have to come cap in hand back to London to pay for other stuff?

The rest of the UK does so I can't see Scotland being any different.No it doesn't. All they want is their own money.

Rather ask what England spends its money on instead of free university education. But that's a choice for the English: if you want free university education, elect a government that will implement it.

Mich the Tester
8th August 2012, 10:49
No it doesn't. All they want is their own money.

Rather ask what England spends its money on instead of free university education. But that's a choice for the English: if you want free university education, elect a government that will implement it.

<trolling mode>

Big smart shiny new velodromes where Scots can win back the gold that Gordon Brown flogged off at the bottom of the market.

</trolling mode>

ZARDOZ
8th August 2012, 10:56
Eh? When have I ever seriously subscribed to the genetic superiority theory?
I think it's because the lazy twats don't have any jobs allowing them to take t'lottery cash for training in their vast spare time, innit?

Those who have attended public school are the elite and have better genes.

:eyes

NotAllThere
8th August 2012, 11:20
Can Mod's amend the thread title to give it its full name, God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire

Ay lad. That we can.

sasguru
8th August 2012, 11:23
:eyes

I can't help you if you don't realise tongue-in-cheek irony.

SimonMac
8th August 2012, 11:26
Ay lad. That we can.

thats proper bo i tell thee

SupremeSpod
8th August 2012, 11:33
thats proper bo i tell thee

I thought you were an "incomer".

Sysman
8th August 2012, 11:37
I thought you were an "incomer".

Don't you mean "Off cummdun"?

(It takes at least 3 generations to dispense with that title)

SupremeSpod
8th August 2012, 11:38
Don't you mean "Off cummdun"?

(It takes at least 3 generations to dispense with that title)

I wouldn't know mate, I'm a Lancastrian, I ******** hate yorkies!

kmge
8th August 2012, 11:50
It's due to our genetic superiority of course from generations of fighting the vikings.

Running away from them more like

Sysman
8th August 2012, 11:51
I wouldn't know mate, I'm a Lancastrian, I ******** hate yorkies!

Point of order.

We hate each other's gut when on our own territories, but when we are down south or abroad we usually unite against the common enemy.

BrilloPad
8th August 2012, 11:52
Point of order.

We hate each other's gut when on our own territories, but when we are down south or abroad we usually unite against the common enemy.

Healthy food?

NotAllThere
8th August 2012, 11:54
Point of order.

This is true for most grouping, except the Scots. They'll unite with anyone who's against the English.

Sysman
8th August 2012, 11:57
This is true for most grouping, except the Scots. They'll unite with anyone who's against the English.

That reminds me of a comment in one of Ian Rankin's books. Although the Scots detest cricket they will watch an England match and cheer on the other side.

Ignis Fatuus
8th August 2012, 13:05
That reminds me of a comment in one of Ian Rankin's books. Although the Scots detest cricket they will watch an England match and cheer on the other side.I cheer on England. I just don't call them "us".

SupremeSpod
8th August 2012, 14:27
Point of order.

Aye lad. Have a :cheers:

BA to the Stars
9th August 2012, 07:47
Another Yorkshire medal guaranteed today for Nicola Adams in the boxing (it will be gold or silver)

TestMangler
10th August 2012, 09:24
Another Yorkshire medal guaranteed today for Nicola Adams in the boxing (it will be gold or silver)

And there is still Peter Sutcliffe in the hammer to come too.......