• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overwhelmed By Chris Hoy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overwhelmed By Chris Hoy

Watching Sir Chris Hoy with tears in his eyes as he collected his 6th olympic gold medal is just overwhelming. Truly awesome achievement by all Team GB. Full stop.

I don't think I've ever jumped around in front of the telly quite as much as I did when the German got his nose in front down the back straight.

It's a very exciting sport track cycling. Esp the Keirin, it's massive in Japan, they bet billions on it.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I don't think I've ever jumped around in front of the telly quite as much as I did when the German got his nose in front down the back straight.

It's a very exciting sport track cycling. Esp the Keirin, it's massive in Japan, they bet billions on it.
      You were supporting ze Germans?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        You were supporting ze Germans?
        No, I was worried that Sir Chris had gone too early and didn't have the legs to take him. In retrospect this was completely silly.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Damn - missed it. That's the downside of going to the Olympics - you miss all the action in the other disciplines.
          That, and having to get up so fecking early!

Did atheletics yesterday morning, and footie in the evening. By half time, the crowd had perfected the advanced Mexican wave - going in two directions round the stadium at once, crossing over at the ends. Two full laps. Excellent stuff. (Footie was boring though). More atheltics today.

Comment

Nice touch when Steve Redgrave congratulated Chris Hoy - 2 real sporting heroes.

Comment

I knew my british passport would come in handy for something - I can officially support Team GB.

And I think GB learnt yesterday what most kiwis have known for decades, the Aussies are cheating bastards.
              Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

was listening to it on 5 live on the way home from newbury yesterday and nearly crashed the car three times when the golds and silver were won
                Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
                  Nice touch when Steve Redgrave congratulated Chris Hoy - 2 real sporting heroes.
                  +1

And it looked like they kept Steve hidden judging by the surprise on Chris's face.

Comment

It did get a bit man-lovvery when he did turn up though.

Comment

Working...
                    X