• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are Sharm & Dahab now fcked as a holiday destination?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Sharm & Dahab now fcked as a holiday destination?

I see on the beeb that Egypt has been firing missiles inside Sinai at suspected Islamic Militants. I assume that they must have agreed this with Israel beforehand since it's a demilitarised zone AFAIK.

I was there the week before the Movenpick bombing in 2005 but have always considered it a relatively safe place. I've been back a number of times since but find it's getting increasingly chavtastic and way too busy both above and below the water.

Do any of the CUK underwater types still go there?

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Never been. Not sure I will now.

Hurghada was ok the only time I went.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Not been for a few years now. Last went in 2005. Very quiet above and below. Fantastic diving around Dahab.
      SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        I see on the beeb that Egypt has been firing missiles inside Sinai at suspected Islamic Militants. I assume that they must have agreed this with Israel beforehand since it's a demilitarised zone AFAIK.

I was there the week before the Movenpick bombing in 2005 but have always considered it a relatively safe place. I've been back a number of times since but find it's getting increasingly chavtastic and way too busy both above and below the water.

I have an apartment in Sharm, I was there a couple of time last year, decided not to go there this year, have not made up my mind about next year yet.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
        X