• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now we have so many golds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now we have so many golds

Should we drop out of a few competitions and give the others a chance? It sounds the British thing to do.

Brown's bottom

If Gordon Brown was still PM he would sell gold again just like he did in 1999.

<Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Should we drop out of a few competitions and give the others a chance? It sounds the British thing to do.
      Don't worry. The UCI will dream up new ways of stopping the British cyclists, even though their last attempts failed dismally. They'll dream up some nonsense; 'all bikes to be purchased in Halfords 2 hours before the race', or 'standard issue UCI bikes'. Or of course 'no magick, witchcraft or wizardry to be used in the production of wheels'.
      Last edited by Mich the Tester; 8 August 2012, 10:57.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Don't worry - some wishy washy bleeding heart will demand that we apologise to everyone we have beaten

Last edited by BA to the Stars; 8 August 2012, 12:28. Reason: ooops, spelling

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
          Don't worry - some wishy washy bleeding heart will demand that we apologise to every we have beaten

Except the French.

Though at least the convicts have taken it well. I'll row in Team GB kit, says Australian minister after lost London 2012 bet - Telegraph

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Don't worry. The UCI will dream up new ways of stopping the British cyclists, even though their last attempts failed dismally. They'll dream up some nonsense; 'all bikes to be purchased in Halfords 2 hours before the race', or 'standard issue UCI bikes'. Or of course 'no magick, witchcraft or wizardry to be used in the production of wheels'.
            Or all bikes must have left-hand drive.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Except the French.

Though at least the convicts have taken it well. I'll row in Team GB kit, says Australian minister after lost London 2012 bet - Telegraph
              I wouldn't expect anything else from the Aussies; they're always full of tulip before a sporting event, but when they get beaten they usually say 'fair dinkum' and congratulate the winner.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I wouldn't expect anything else from the Aussies; they're always full of tulip before a sporting event, but when they get beaten they usually say 'fair dinkum' and congratulate the winner.
                I blame the departure of Steve Waugh. They've never been the same since.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I blame the departure of Steve Waugh. They've never been the same since.
                  Waugh - what is he good for - absolutely nothing

Comment

Working...
                  X