• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kiawah Island - a look ahead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kiawah Island - a look ahead

Well folks it's the last big one of the year; the Wanamaker Trophy.

The omens don't look good for Woods - this being another Pete Dye designed course with Woods only having won once from teeing up 18 times on a Dye designed course.

Let's also remember that the past 16 majors in succession have been won by different players.

Woods seems to thing that this is to do with the fields getting deeper.

Nowadays you get 10 strokes separating the leader from the guy in 70th whereas 10 years ago that would have been 20 strokes.

I'm not one for predictions but watch out for the Mollinari brothers.

I, for one, will be spending the next 4 days glued to the action in the clubhouse of my local club.

Can't wait!

An interesting little factoid for you here. Apparently, the Ocean Course is the longest in Major history. All 7,676 yards of it.

Comment

Is this something to do with sport?

What a funny length for a racecourse. The horses must be knackered by the end
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Ah, the battleground for the War On The Shore wasn't it? Ryder Cup '91. When Mark Calcaveccia threw away a four-hole lead in the last four holes and halved with Monty, who himself played them double bogey, par, double bogey, par but won them all.

I most remember Langer missing that putt to halve the match on the 18th, because of a big spike mark on his line which, as a professional, he wasn't allowed to tap down.

And of course USA player Cory Pavin strutting around in battle dress, the daft bugger, in honour of the Iraq invasion.

The question is Malc, can Keegan retain his trophy?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          The question is Malc, can Keegan retain his trophy?
          (I'm typing this message from the clubhouse of Worlebury Golf Club where I have ensconced myself for the next 4 days to watch the action)

I have to go with Edouardo Mollinari.

I tipped him at the start of the year and he hasn't won yet. I may be losing face

Comment

Malc,

Do you play the back nine?

Comment

Working...
            X