• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dublin?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dublin?

This came in this morning. I can't go but thought I'd pass on the lead...

Good Morning,

Massive Oracle Development Project in Dublin - looking for over 15 Daily Rate contract resources for a Bank in Dublin.

Oracle Technical Lead / Oracle Technical Architect (New Position)

Financial Services Location: Dublin
    Details: Initially 6 months
    Start: ASAP
    Market Rate:

My Dublin based client currently requires an experienced Oracle Technical Lead / Oracle Technical Architect to join their team for an initial 6 month contract with a view to a possible extension.
    The successful candidate will possess 4+ years experience as a Technical Team Lead in an Oracle environment with a strong development background prior to that.
    Experience/Knowledge (if any)
    • 3-5yrs+ experience as a technical team lead working with the design, development &; strategy of the development project
    • Dealing with multiple business stakeholders
    • Managing production of deliverables to tight deadlines across multiple projects - technologies - forms, reports, Oracle 10G &;;; PL/SQL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Senior Oracle Developers x 15 contractors

Financial services Location: Dublin (Republic of Ireland)
    Details: Initially 6 months
    Start: ASAP Rate:
    Market Rate
    My client is looking for an Oracle Developer working on forms and reports predominately using Oracle 10g - .
    Experience in providing.
    Applications support services in accordance with agreed SLAs.
    Ability and willingness to operate effectively in a challenging IT / business environment.
    At least 4 years experience of PLSQL.
    At least 4 years experience of Oracle Forms.
    At least 3 years experience of Oracle Reports
    At least 2 years experience of Oracle 10g
    Please sent an updated CV if interested.-

Excellent referral scheme offered - Please get in touch

I apologise if these contract jobs aren't an exact match to your experience but can you send me an updated copy of your CV.

one day at a time

The world of the Oracle contractor is a very small one.

The Oracle chaps here have been on about debt rolesin Dublin all week and I suspect that half of them will end up decamping there.

Comment

Not sure I know where Dublin is exactly - is it North-West or North-East London?

Comment

"contract resources" Referring to humans as resources reminds me of the Nazis reference to Jews.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Not sure I know where Dublin is exactly - is it North-West or North-East London?
          Somewhere near Kilburn I think
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Boom time in Dublin at the moment

Cheap houses too
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              Boom time in Dublin at the moment
              Tell me more. Mrs OG is keen to move home to Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Tell me more. Mrs OG is keen to move home to Ireland.
                Lots of start-up in Dublin, lots of funding from VC.
                Existing companies have a lot of work, things that were in the pipeline now have funding.
                But like the city, if you don't have a good match on skill-set they will not talk to you.
                Also be prepared to do some kind of on-line or phone teck interview before the phone interview.

HTH
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  Lots of start-up in Dublin, lots of funding from VC.
                  Existing companies have a lot of work, things that were in the pipeline now have funding.
                  But like the city, if you don't have a good match on skill-set they will not talk to you.
                  Also be prepared to do some kind of on-line or phone teck interview before the phone interview.

HTH
                  Thanks. Am in a bit of a bind for move to Ireland. My experience is entirely healthcare and government cuts have left the Irish healtrh service (and private sector not much better) a desert. So I need to find a healthcare I.T. company. My skill-set is around PM and business change, so not so easily transferrable as a techie.

Comment

Rates are pants thought aren't they in Ireland?

Comment

Working...
                    X