• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heard on "In Business" tonight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard on "In Business" tonight

Whilst relaxing in the bath this evening, I was astounded to hear on "In Business" that Indian software is much superior in quality to either US or UK software...

Discuss, disembowel goats, abuse Chico, or whatever floats your boat...

I don't suppose they gave any actual examples? Thought not!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Whilst relaxing in the bath this evening, I was astounded to hear on "In Business" that Indian software is much superior in quality to either US or UK software...

Discuss, disembowel goats, abuse Chico, or whatever floats your boat...
      Bollux. I have first hand experience of it, and that is not so. Some Indians are capable, many aren't. Little different from the UK, except price. As far as outsourcing goes, it all depends on the quality of the management, here and there. I've seen a lot of cock ups due to pushy Indian outsourcers not doing as told, and in the end projects were brought onshore, and done cheaper and better.

But, outsourcers sometimes say "We'll do the job for a share of the profits, so we will work for free". UK companies with cash flow problems will agree to that.

Abusing Chico sounds like fun.

Comment

What do you giant alien lizards bathe in?

Comment

Statements like this are, I suspect, made to see how many people are listening to the show by rating the number of postbags of abuse.

Not having a go at Indians, but just at those peeps comparing two teams of programmers: I'd have to say I've heard guff like this so many times before and usually point out that because it is an inescapable fact that every 10 lines of working code has a bug then it stands to reason that non-working code can potentially be of superior quality.

threaded in "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" mode.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
          X