• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am now a fishing person

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am now a fishing person

Just got a new sea fishing rod

I shall be sea fishing from Clacton pier on my holibobs. Done sea fishing from a boat before but it takes the whole day, and seeing as I have the tribe with me I can only get a couple of hours to meself so pier fishing seems like the one.

Got a mate who's proper into it who is teaching me, who in fact sorted out the rod and tied me a couple of pendulum rigs.

Nursery slopes stuff, but it will be the first time I will be fishing solo, getting bitten by ragworms and pulling hooks out of my arse, but I am looking forward to it.

Any tips?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Just got a new sea fishing rod

I shall be sea fishing from Clacton pier on my holibobs. Done sea fishing from a boat before but it takes the whole day, and seeing as I have the tribe with me I can only get a couple of hours to meself so pier fishing seems like the one.

Got a mate who's proper into it who is teaching me, who in fact sorted out the rod and tied me a couple of pendulum rigs.

Nursery slopes stuff, but it will be the first time I will be fishing solo, getting bitten by ragworms and pulling hooks out of my arse, but I am looking forward to it.

Any tips?
    Be careful out there. Ba-dum, ba-dum. And everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
      Be careful out there. Ba-dum, ba-dum. And everything.
      Well if a great white snatched my catch I nut the bastid.

I iz from Luton ya know.

Comment

Used to love fishing till I started feeling sorry for the fish.

Sea fishing was the best though either from the beach, pier or a boat. Landed a 22lb skate once as a kid (with some help from my dad), sold it to the local chip shop for pocket money x 10

Don't have any gear anymore but doing some fishing on Loch Ericht in a couple of weeks on a guys weekend pissup.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Well if a great white snatched my catch I nut the bastid.

I iz from Luton ya know.
          Bom-bom-bom!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Used to love fishing till I started feeling sorry for the fish.

Sea fishing was the best though either from the beach, pier or a boat. Landed a 22lb skate once as a kid (with some help from my dad), sold it to the local chip shop for pocket money x 10

Don't have any gear anymore but doing some fishing on Loch Ericht in a couple of weeks on a guys weekend pissup.
            I missed the last invite mate

Comment

I missed the last invite mate
              It's fresh water Suity. The fish don't hook themselves and jump on the pier like the salty ones do
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

get a good pair of chest waders then no one will notice if you piss yourself

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  get a good pair of chest waders then no one will notice if you piss yourself
                  Read my next thread and weep, baby.

Comment

Read my next thread and weep, baby.
                    You'd better watch out.

Candiru, Carnero catfish
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X